640 xl Model RM numbers

Brian524

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm interested in getting a 640 xl. I still have my old 520. And also using moto g. Not to happy with g. I've noticed that there are different RM models I know they are for at&t and unlocked, but is there a specific usa model or does it not matter. If so what model is the USA model. Everyone one I find on amazon, say unlocked international version. Please help me understand. Thank you.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested in getting a 640 xl. I still have my old 520. And also using moto g. Not to happy with g. I've noticed that there are different RM models I know they are for at&t and unlocked, but is there a specific usa model or does it not matter. If so what model is the USA model. Everyone one I find on amazon, say unlocked international version. Please help me understand. Thank you.

I believe the RM-1065 and RM-1096 work with ATT. I myself purchased two RM-1096 (matte black and glossy white) from Amazon over the last week from here and they work without any issues on ATT (LTE, mms, internet sharing etc, all is working). This version is unlocked and dual SIM. It is international and if you do not put your SIM card into the tray they will start setup in Chinese ;). Once you pop in your ATT SIM the setup starts in english, will reboot with the new language and continue setup.

They will show LTE as 4G and speed tests show that I am getting similar speeds that I had with LTE on my previous L830.

edit: according to one reviewer the RM-1064 is also compatible with US LTE.
Both wife and I really like the 640XL
cheers

Last edited:

Brian524

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Thank you that helps. I would like to get a US version not an international version. I will check with the local at&t store next week.
-Brian

Brian524

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I can tell you that the RM-1096 works on ATT as well and gets LTE. The bonus is that you are carrier unlocked. Just saying...
Thanks I will look into it. Plus I can't seem to find any 1063 & 1064 any where but at&t site. And they don't advertise what RM model it is. (At least I can't find it.) Is that the only differences, unlocked and dual sim. Does it matter what slot your sim card is in?
Thank you, -Brian

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I will look into it. Plus I can't seem to find any 1063 & 1064 any where but at&t site. And they don't advertise what RM model it is. (At least I can't find it.) Is that the only differences, unlocked and dual sim. Does it matter what slot your sim card is in?
Thank you, -Brian
You can also purchase at the MS Store. I believe these are the only differences. Because the rom is designed for ATT there may be difference in the future (e.g. a firmware update for the phone is not delivered to customers, just talk to L830 users). You may see differences in how updates are pushed to the phone etc.
I use mine in SIM1 slot and I have not tried SIM2 slot yet. I know people in this forum are using the phone with two SIMs.

tedj101

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I have the 1065 (International version) and it supports 14 different LTE bands. (This means you can use it on just about any GSM 4G network World Wide and it will get 4G speeds). Moreover, International versions don't come with AT&T's bloatware. This is an 8 gig phone. Do you really want a whole bunch of programs locked onto your phone which are designed to cost you more money and little else? (FWIW, I obviously don't!)

<TED>

Brian524

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I have the 1065 (International version) and it supports 14 different LTE bands. (This means you can use it on just about any GSM 4G network World Wide and it will get 4G speeds). Moreover, International versions don't come with AT&T's bloatware. This is an 8 gig phone. Do you really want a whole bunch of programs locked onto your phone which are designed to cost you more money and little else? (FWIW, I obviously don't!)

<TED>

Yeah you got a point. with so little storage why gack it up with bloat ware.
Thanks -Brian

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo