Does 640xl need screen protector?

Pivotgeeks

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
im not sure if this is asked before.. but anyway..
my mom 630 screen without screen protector was a glare magnet, you put your figure and it would cause all this glare..
i did bring her a non glare screen protector and that also started to have this problem..
now in my 8x i was running with out a screen protector, and it Had Zero glare issuse, 8x screen was pretty awesome if you ask me..

anyway.. IS 640xl screen like 630? do i need some kind of screen glass or something?

P.s Hello to 640xl user.. I lOVE THIS PHONE SO FAR :D...

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
There has been a discussion about this exact same topic/question weeks ago in the forums. The bottom line is that it depends on the user. The Lumia 640XL has Corning Gorilla Glass with an oleophobic coating that is usually also anti-reflective - that's sufficient for most users. But if that doesn't satisfy the user, then there are options for screen protectors - and if I may suggest, one should explore and try liquid screen protectors since they are a lot better than the traditional attach-type screen protectors.

You may have a look at one of those threads here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-640-xl/381402-lumia-640xl-gorilla-glass-screen-what-level-screen.html

Pivotgeeks

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for quick replay..
saw this liquid screen protector.. soo its like put drops of that liquid and wipe it across the surface and let it dry and thats it?? this works on any phone?? does this give glaring stuff?

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I had a Ghost Armor matte screen put on my Lumia 640 XL at the Mall.

It may not < need > it but it sure did help with glare and fingerprints.

It isn't fingerprint < proof > but it gets very few and the matte screen flat eliminates glare and doesn't interfere with viewing the screen.

I had these Ghost Armor screen protectors put on my Xoom tablet and my Surface Pro tablet and now my phone.

Worth the money just for the glare and fingerprints and it's an extra layer of protection for the screen from keys and stuff in my pockets.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for quick replay..
saw this liquid screen protector.. soo its like put drops of that liquid and wipe it across the surface and let it dry and thats it?? this works on any phone?? does this give glaring stuff?

Yes, as long as you follow the application instructions, it will work as advertised. It should work for any glass surface (so all devices with a glass surface, whether it be tempered glass, ordinary glass, gorilla glass, sapphire glass, your car's windshield, will be qualified) including most phones.

It reduced the reflectivity of my L1020 (and the six other devices I've applied it on), so I'd say it reduced glare. Finger-print resistance has also improved. As for scratch resistance, I don't have the luxury of testing that on my devices, but there are a lot of videos in the Internet that demonstrate the resilience (and other advantages) of liquid screen protectors over traditional screen protectors.

Angelrocking

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the 640xl world:). It depends on user preference actually. I always use tempered glass screen protectors as they add an extra layer of durability under certain circumstances. Of course finger, glare, dust magnet depends on the brand you get. For example i got an X-one screen glass for my previous samsung S3 which was excellent at keeping screen relatively clean even after heavy use, while the current lumia one which is a different brand (can't really recall which) isn't that good. Nevertheless i think you can't go wrong with them, especially if 5-10 bucks isn't an issue.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss