Optimizing My Lumia 640XL

ricciadam

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
I bought my Lumia 640XL a couple of months ago, and keep thinking that it was probably one of the biggest mistakes i've made in life.
Or maybe i just don't know how to optimize it so i can not make a good use of it, i am not into gadget and technology that much, but i find it very annoying that sometimes my phone freezes when browsing the web using Microsoft Edge and watching video on Tumblr, and i don't know why, no other apps are running at the same time.

So if you guys can spare some time, please tell me what i should do to optimize my phone, i have Windows 10 installed.

Your help will be so much appreciated.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, you're using preview software, you get some downs with the ups sometimes.

Try going back to Windows Phone 8.1 for a while and see if the stability improves.

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Since you are on the Windows Insider program, I would suggest if you have not already to do a factory reset to start from a clean base. When you first upgrade to Windows 10, it's possible to have some issues within the installation. Rather than disabling and uninstalling applications one by one, starting off fresh is the safest way to go. Before you do anything else, check for upgrades to existing applications. One you are up and running on Windows 10, install stand-alone apps one by one. You can more easily identify misbehaving applications this way.

Now, you could go back to Windows 8.1. I'm using it now because it's stable and feature-complete. I've tried Windows 10 on it and I cannot wait for it to be officially launched, but I also don't have the time to deal with potential issues nor do I want to partake in the Insider program if I cannot contribute feedback on a consistent basis. You may find that the phone runs better on 8.1 and I hope that this is the case for you. If not, you may have identified issues with the phone's hardware and that opens a can of worms for you.

Do not give up on the 640 XL just yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss