App updates fail under ver 10586.107

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Cannot get any app updates to install with the latest version OS.

I have my Lumia 640 XL set to save things to my SD card and I got a message that the updates needed to be installed on the device so I changed all the settings and shut the phone off and back on but it still will not save the app updates.

Now that Storage items are all set to This Device I am no longer getting that error message about needing to be saved to This Device but when I touch See Error Details it just starts re-downloading over and over and over and fails every time.

Any ideas?

MODERATOR this may be a bug with this phone model only so that is why I am posting it in the forum for the phone I have.

Please stop deleting posts because you think they should be somewhere else.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
not sure what makes you think this is a problem with your phone model only. We have no problem on two 640XLs here with latest update. My wife has a lot of apps on the SDCard and those updated fine. It takes some time for the update but eventually they all did.
I can see that you derail the updates by changing the "save to" location during the process. If you change it back to SDCard and still get the same problem and you already did a soft reset then another thing to try is to cancel the update progress for each app and delete the app from the phone and try to reinstall. If that doesn't help then I suggest a hard reset.

good luck

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
You could try several things, some more "nuclear" than others.

1. You can uninstall the applications which you are attempting to update, erase and format the SD card, then perform a soft reset and attempt to download the apps again. You could also try formatting the SD card on a PC through a card reader, which will probably be a safer and more reliable approach.

2. If this doesn't work or you want to go the scorched earth way, factory reset the device. If you are running an Insider build, you may be familiar with the need to perform a hard reset after installing the latest build. Not everyone needs to do this, but it has been reported from at least a placebo effect that the phone runs better. I believe Gabe Aul even recommends performing a hard reset. Also, format the SD card on your PC. If you have one available, try another SD card to see if you can isolate the problem to a brand of card, speed rating, etc.

I hope this helps you.

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Updates worked prior to this.

I have done a soft reset but don't want to do a hard one unless absolutely necessary.

I may do another soft reset. After that I think I will just wait until another release and try then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs