640XL camera only saves low-res images

imitto

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
My Lumia Camera stopped working properly yesterday. I tried to take a HDR picture. After shoot, it wrote "saving" as long as I tap windows logo to go to home screen. Then I tried to start camera again, but I saw the same, "saving". So I restarted the phone, tried to take a picture without HDR turned on. "adding finishing touches" appears on it for about a minute (no HDR, no flash, auto mode). After 2 minutes I checked in "photos", I can see the image but it's only 1280x720 - so only the thumbnail image saved on exposure, and all others are not (nothing else in the camera roll folder). Phone is set to save new images and videos to internal memory, because HDR mode worked only this way until yesterday. I have free space, I move all files from phone\camera roll to sd card\camera roll every week.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia Camera stopped working properly yesterday. I tried to take a HDR picture. After shoot, it wrote "saving" as long as I tap windows logo to go to home screen. Then I tried to start camera again, but I saw the same, "saving". So I restarted the phone, tried to take a picture without HDR turned on. "adding finishing touches" appears on it for about a minute (no HDR, no flash, auto mode). After 2 minutes I checked in "photos", I can see the image but it's only 1280x720 - so only the thumbnail image saved on exposure, and all others are not (nothing else in the camera roll folder). Phone is set to save new images and videos to internal memory, because HDR mode worked only this way until yesterday. I have free space, I move all files from phone\camera roll to sd card\camera roll every week.

do you have windows phone 8.1 or windows 10 installed?

If W10M, then check store for app updates for photos and camera apps

imitto

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Windows 10, no updates for apps and for the OS. I swithed system language to english, now I can take pictures, but only 1280x720. Check video (some parts are 5X speed...):

Canjok

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

Have you resolved your Problem? Im hoping to get the creators update soon. When it won't Change I'll send it to repair.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa