Help! is this a Hardware issue or an Insider bug

slimchap

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I've been having an issue with my Lumia 640XL battery which started on Wednesday. If I plug my phone's charger the battery icon will display that the phone is being charged but the battery percentage will subsequently drop while the phone is being charge. At first I thought it was a battery issue then I got a new battery this morning but have being experiencing the same issue. I really need info if this is a hardware issue i.e. The charging port is bad so it wont supply the battery with the regular charge or if it could be an issue with the OS being on fast Insider preview.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Might also check in battery saver and see if it's showing an app using a large amount of battery.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed on my Lumia 1520,where the battery is going south:
  • IF I soft reset using POWER button held -it changes the battery level- i.e. I was @ 100% & dropped to 82% - this has happened more than once - also I can be @ 5%, after reset it'll be much higher @ 90%. I do admit that the 3 yr old battery is wonky.
  • IF I soft reset using POWER & Volume DOWN held - it does not change
  • It appears each methodology is slightly different in end result, though they both accomplish a soft reset - the former seems to toggle DDTW, Glance on / off

slimchap

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I took the device to a phone repair guy who told me the issue is the fault of a damaged IC and I will need to take the phone to a Microsoft service center.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs