640 XL and the CU - internal storage

celticmagick

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I was eager to upgrade to the CU on my 640 XL and hopped over to the slow ring to get things started. This was the first update where I experienced an issue with not having enough storage to perform an update/upgrade. I uninstalled what apps I could and cleared any messages or temp data and was able to upgrade.

My question is, would doing a clean install of the CU help free up some internal storage or are things at that point now where my phone is nearing its end - capacity-wise? I was under the impression that the CU was supposed to be smaller in foot print (and even more efficient)?

Based on the Storage app I'm using 5.15gb out of 7.28gb. I only have a few apps in the internal (I use the SD card for everything else) and these are either minimal in size or require the internal drive for installation. Most of the 5gb is for System and reserved (3.48gb).

koken_halliwell

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm not using my 640 XL since I switched to Android but I plan to do a HR to my 640 XL the day CU gets released, then update it and finally do another HR without restoring saved data. Just curious to check how good (or not) the CU can work on this Phone.

celticmagick

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, for the most part the CU is running fine on the 640 XL. Edge does a strange rendering thing where a website seems zoomed out even though it's set for mobile. A refresh usually sets things normal.

I will definitely try a clean install once the update is officially out to help clean up any residual mess.

Olumayowa Odebiyi

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, for the most part the CU is running fine on the 640 XL. Edge does a strange rendering thing where a website seems zoomed out even though it's set for mobile. A refresh usually sets things normal.

I will definitely try a clean install once the update is officially out to help clean up any residual mess.

How's the CU running on the phone now? Just got on board from my area and oddly there doesnt seem to be any fantastic developments with phone though it sure made the phone appear a lot more fluid and responsive to touch.... Is that your experience too...

celticmagick

May 23, 2015
Visit site
How's the CU running on the phone now? Just got on board from my area and oddly there doesnt seem to be any fantastic developments with phone though it sure made the phone appear a lot more fluid and responsive to touch.... Is that your experience too...

Yeah, the phone seems more solid and fluid. I did a hard reset a day before they released the CU on the Release Preview ring and things are better than before. The only issue I'm having (and not a CU issue) is that I'm not receiving the updated version of the Windows Store - I have the old version with the huge progress bars.

Performance-wise, things are great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes