Lumia 640 Case & Cover Thread

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Would be nice if we could see it in action in live pictures, living breathing, eating chop sui and all. ^_^

OMG, you're a Mantis, what have i gotten myself into! :O

-- W

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
despite the aluminum bumper frame I am not seeing a decrease in signal.

My sincere apologies to anyone who bought this case based on my review.

It seems the aluminum bumper does cause an issue with signal. It's odd, when I look at my phone I have bars (multiple 2, 3, 4). Only when I put the phone in my pocket, I never hear a ringtone and all my calls go straight to VVM. I don't even know I have a call except for the notifications on PC. When I remove the phone from my pocket, the missed calls all hit the phone as notifications.

I've now tested and it is definitely this case + pocketing = no signal.

I'm changing my review of this product to Do Not Buy: Amazon.com: Lumia 640 Case, Ranyi [Mirror Series] Luxury Aluminum Metal Bumper Frame Detachable + Mirror Hard Back 2 in 1 Cover Thin Fit Slim Protective Case for Microsoft Lumia 640 (gold): Cell Phones & Accessories

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I've now tested and it is definitely this case + pocketing = no signal.

I'm changing my review of this product to Do Not Buy:

Thank you, RumoredNow. I've been waiting for several people to review, or one person to come back after using it for a while and give an update before I decided to purchase. Yeah, it's not much and I'd never miss the money, but I don't like to be wasteful.

I'm taking your Do Not Buy recommendation to heart. I'll keep looking, but I think I'm going to stay happy with what I already have until I decide to upgrade the entire phone.

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I saw that one but for the most part, I've noticed that many people complain about whatever metal case they purchased degrading their signal. I will stick with my clear TPU case and glass screen protector.

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm back to a clear case and TG protector, but instead of TPU (which discolors) I favor clear snap on cases. Looks great with my green back or orange back. I'm favoring green ATM.

I noticed that my TPU case has discolored. But it is no big deal for me. Still looks nice and gives much better grip than the phone with no case.

Tim M

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know a nice flipcover for the 640LTE version? Apparently, the Microsoft flipcase (CC30859) is not fitting the 640LTE version. Mozo also only sells covers for the 640. Anyone experience with flipcovers on the 640LTE?

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know a nice flipcover for the 640LTE version? Apparently, the Microsoft flipcase (CC30859) is not fitting the 640LTE version. Mozo also only sells covers for the 640. Anyone experience with flipcovers on the 640LTE?

Amazon has literally hundreds to choose from.

FourTonMantis

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Guys, I'm really sorry to write that, but today, only 25 days after I received the Mozo back cover and started using it - I found out that it already has 3 (yes THREE) cracks on it - two at the edges and one on the USB port. I never took the cover off the phone during these days, I never dropped the phone and basically I'm a person that keeps his stuff A LOT. I guess the plastic is very bad quality and just can't handle even the everyday use.
My recommendation - don't ever lose money buying Mozo stuff. It's just beautiful rubbish.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes