Has anyone bought the colored flip covers?

miguel11691

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I really want to change the back cover for the phone and was wondering if the official flip back covers are any good and does the color wear off or get dirty quick

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I also got the matte black. I wanted to try and do the blue or orange but they were both pretty "loud". I would rather have a replacement cyan back cover that doesn't have the flip cover in it. I like the feel of the phone without the additional bulk. And no, I'm not saying the case itself is bulky, but that flap does get in the way sometimes. I keep my white T-Mo one handy just in case I want to make a quick change.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I also got the matte black. I wanted to try and do the blue or orange but they were both pretty "loud". I would rather have a replacement cyan back cover that doesn't have the flip cover in it. I like the feel of the phone without the additional bulk. And no, I'm not saying the case itself is bulky, but that flap does get in the way sometimes. I keep my white T-Mo one handy just in case I want to make a quick change.

Someone has mentioned seeing them at the Microsoft store, but the actual physical store.

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I haven't seen them. I really, really like the blue. I always picked the wrong color Lumia phone either because I'm afraid of the (unwanted) attention I will draw or because I think the color will be too loud. (see above)

If MS starts selling the blue cover I will be all over it. I just don't want / need the flap. I'm using the black now because it is protecting the screen while I wait for my protectors to arrive in the mail today.

Schneidz

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
i have the black flip cover and like it, its not loud, has a business look to it. i have read that the slot on the inside is easy to tear if you plan on keeping id in it though.

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I noticed the edges of my black flip cover have small dents in them. I can't imagine how they would have gotten there because I am not flinging my phone around carelessly throughout the day. Kind of sad since I consider the black more socially acceptable and less attention grabbing than the white. I also don't like the glossy finish on the white cover. So far only I notice the slight imperfections on the black case.

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I like how the black flip case is more expensive than the colored ones. I'm not sure how the case got the little indentations in it. Perhaps user error when removing it. Those are a good buy all things considered, including free shipping.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I like how the black flip case is more expensive than the colored ones. I'm not sure how the case got the little indentations in it. Perhaps user error when removing it. Those are a good buy all things considered, including free shipping.

I wonder if it is because it is matte? I didn't even notice that, good eye.

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I think in general people associate bright colors with women's accessories or children's toys. I for one wouldn't mind having a matte cyan Lumia 640. The form factor of the 640 is perfect, but the color could use some....well color. Black is the absence of color, and a white glossy back is just prone for scratches. Yes, they are cheap and easily replaceable if you can find them from reputable dealers.

jpharwood

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I found a matte cyan cover on eBay. Good fit, buttons work fine, and, unlike the black cover, is visible when I put it down on my piano...

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I got the official matte black cover and put a Qi receiver in it, after cutting away some of the flap material inside the bottom. Found out that on the right there is some aluminium foil, probably for heat spreading, kept as much as possible. The USB connector of the Qi receiver needed some cutting, now it fits through the hole with its wire, and loops back again. Qi charging is working fine, flap sometimes gets in the way when taking pictures or using the phone, but that's unavoidable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3