Tips and Tricks for an easier life with Lumia 640

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to see people submit suggestions for things that they do to make things just a bit easier in their lives using their Lumia 640.

I'll start with one suggestion.

I picked up a pack on "on-metal" NFC stickers a little while back. Hard plastic NFC tokens, really. I glued magnets to the bottom, and, voila! I've got a refrigerator magnet. I've printed out round stickers to fit with my printer, and I've got an assortment of great refrigerator magnets to make certain household tasks easier. The main one I use in the kitchen is an app launcher NFC tag for Wunderlist to make opening up my grocery list easier.
WP_20151009_13_59_06_Rich.jpg

I've also got an NFC Sticker on a cradle that sits on my night stand and launches Night Stand Clock.

What do you do to make life easier?

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
That's not even something I would have thought of doing. I don't really rely on NFC for anything I do with my phone. But nonetheless it's very, very cool.

What I mainly try to do with my Windows Phones is find a start screen layout that keeps me productive and my most used applications at the forefront. I try to avoid small icons because they are harder to press. I also use larger font settings so I can read my messages when I'm further away from my phone. (Like at work, and I can't respond to messages but would want to know what they are about)

I try to create logical redundancies with my app placement so if I need to to quickly switch to an app based on something I saw in my live tile I can. Stop The Music is also a great app to have because I don't have to worry about my music randomly starting up again when I least know it.

Other things I recommend - don't get it wet. It isn't happy when its wet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo