My picture file size shrunk

reapster3

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
I've had this phone for about a month now with windows 10 installed. I decided to install a SD card and have my pictures saved to the card instead of the phones memory. In doing so the file size of my pictures shrunk from 2-4mp's to approx. 160kb in size. Also, I'm not able to zoom in by sliding my fingers apart. Finding this a bit weird I took out the sd card and changed the default storage setting back to the phone. But still every picture I take is about 160kbs in size. I know there is no resolution setting on the windows camera other than 16.9 or 4.3. I now I get a "choose the best setting" message with every picture I take since this started to happen. Normally I wouldn't complain about a smaller file for pictures but without a logical reason to explain why I'm a bit puzzled. Also I don't like the idea of not being able to zoom in and out of a photo. Anyone have a explanation?

Kimmo Toivanen

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
So the pictures are now 1280x720 px? Could be that rich capture somehow saves only preview image, not whole picture (processed image + exposures).

I have also seen that happen. If living image and rich capture are both off, then full images should be saved. For either I think internal memory would be the best option + keep background processing for camera and photos on.

To get image size back to normal - does setting rich capture to off help?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon