Is this malware or what?

ablaas

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
is this malware or what ?

After installing a flashlight a window popped up urging me to download an upate on 1.cdn5.mobi

wp_ss_20160210_0001.png

It's a php script but what it does is not clear.

Anyone seen this before ? Is it malware.

Next day my account information for yahoo mail was disappeared and I was asked to enter it again.

Is this malware and has anyone seen this before ?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: is this malware or what ?

It sounds like the fault is with the app itself. Uninstall the app, and clear internet explorer history. Try Flashlight xt, it's great.

ablaas

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site

I uninstalled the app immediately. But I don't think it is an app issue. The strange address and a packed php java script ....

Last edited:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's an advert. You either tapped on it accidentally, or the app author has cleverly placed the ad in a place where you can be fooled into tapping on it.

It's not malware as such, but a particularly awful example of revenue grabbing.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

It sounds like the fault is with the app itself. Uninstall the app, and clear internet explorer history. Try Flashlight xt, it's great.

I have to agree with libra89. Flashlight XT is great. Best available IMO. Just search the store for Flashlight XT and grab it. No worries.

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site

Or just install Windows 10 Mobile via the insider program & get proper flashlight control from the phones action center without the need for any 3rd party app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb