Is it me or even when sound is enabled for email, I never get a sound for new email?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Volume is up, enabled sound notifications for new email, however I never get a sound. I had 3 emails before and not one peep.

This is the latest update of Outlook. Redstone build from yesterday on an 640. I can't believe I have seen this issue for months. I have left tons of feedback via the Feedback Hub/App.

shenandoah

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
At least now I know it just isn't me that didn't have sound when an email came in. I thought there might be some setting hidden in the settings somewhere that I didn't have turned on. I've never heard a sound for email since being on Windows 10.

Eric

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I was having the problem too but it seems to work for me now. Here's what I did:

Part 1:

1) go into the Outlook mail app. Go to Settings -> Notifications.

2) Check the box that says "Play a sound". For me the box was unchecked for some reason by default

3) Do this for each email account you have, or just check the box that says "Apply to all accounts"

If it doesn't work after that then make sure you have a sound setup for your accounts:

1) Go to phone Settings -> Personalization -> Sounds

2) In the Sounds area, scroll down to Manage App Sounds and click it

3) You will see your email accounts within that list (for example you might see Gmail, Outlook etc). There will also be a listing for the Outlook Mail app itself, listed as 'Outlook Mail'.

4) Go into each account and choose a notification sound, different than default sound. Do the same for the Outlook Mail app listing too. (So you are choosing a sound for each account and the entire Mail app. It could be the same sound for each if you wish).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion