Lumia 640 discontinued - The King is Dead....

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Cricket was the first carrier to get this phone and they are the last selling it. Thought about the 650, but with so little difference in specs/performance, just cannot see the value in buying one at the current prices.

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Thought about the 650, but with so little difference in specs/performance, just cannot see the value in buying one at the current prices.

And that's a fact, Jack...

Microsoft has made some pretty weird decisions with alot of Lumia models they've released.

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
And that's a fact, Jack...

Microsoft has made some pretty weird decisions with alot of Lumia models they've released.
Weird... Yes. But when you look at the 640, it cost around $200 US when released. Once it got carrier locked at the beginning on US carriers, the cheapest was $99 T-Mobile and up to $129 on Cricket. If the price gets to $60 or less it might be with the price.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Weird... Yes. But when you look at the 640, it cost around $200 US when released. Once it got carrier locked at the beginning on US carriers, the cheapest was $99 T-Mobile and up to $129 on Cricket. If the price gets to $60 or less it might be with the price.

isn't it selling at around 30USD in USA? the 640 I mean.
And doesn't the 650 support USB OTG? Or have I mistaken that with the 950?

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
isn't it selling at around 30USD in USA? the 640 I mean.
And doesn't the 650 support USB OTG? Or have I mistaken that with the 950?

If you can find one, the 640 is selling around $30 USD now. The amounts I am talking about were when the branded models first made it for purchase in the USA. Over time, the prices have dropped incrementally to their current prices.

Not sure about OTG. I have never used it or really had a reason to so it is not a selling point for me.

scott miller10

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Thank god, worst phone ever.

Terrible to use, screen was horrid and a fingerprint magnet, couldn't/still can't properly run windows 10, poor battery and the list goes on.

It's been replaced by the 650 which is WORSE, my son has one and he's just about had it with all the bugs and random shut downs etc.

Windows phone is finished, you'll see no more after the 950XL, dead in the water as evidenced by the re-sale of Nokia.

Nahk786

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
MS diversified to B2C mobile model to find if there's any future prospect to their profits but were too late an entrant in the eco-system already ruled by open OSes like Android. Hence, back to the B2B model while leaving the C from B2 wanting for support.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Thank god, worst phone ever.

Terrible to use, screen was horrid and a fingerprint magnet, couldn't/still can't properly run windows 10, poor battery and the list goes on.

It's been replaced by the 650 which is WORSE, my son has one and he's just about had it with all the bugs and random shut downs etc.

Windows phone is finished, you'll see no more after the 950XL, dead in the water as evidenced by the re-sale of Nokia.

LOL.
I had a 640, now an Alcatel Idol4s. The 640 was a nice little phone, never had any problems with it. Only paid $29 for it too! It led me to my 950 and now my current phone.
Long live Windows phone.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
LOL.
I had a 640, now an Alcatel Idol4s. The 640 was a nice little phone, never had any problems with it. Only paid $29 for it too! It led me to my 950 and now my current phone.
Long live Windows phone.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

Agreed. Best $29 I ever spent and I use it to test the fast ring. It also functions as a bedside music player. I gave one to a young friend and he even uses his to play games. There's nothing to complain about with the L640.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss