Lumia 640 wont turn on unless on charger, batterry/wdrt/usb issues

EdsonBubsy

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
So one day I reset my phone due to my phone slowing down, and it would not turn on.

For info purposes I have a Lumia 640 updated to win 10 (originally 8.1)

After this I put it on the charger, it would load the Microsoft logo. then go to the charging screen with plug icon.

This is odd due to being at 80℅ of battery before I rebooted. Often it'll sit there with no result, sometimes it'll reboot multiple times.

If I remove the charger the phone instantly turns off. This has been going on for 5 days. Yesterday when I plugged the phone in it went back to tiles, but when I removed the battery to put my sim back in the issue came back. It also showed 72℅ charged so can't be the battery, and I don't know how that happened.

Windows recovery tool can't see the device and when I choose the find option the fix won't get to the phone. When I plug my Lumia via USB it reboots over and over and disconnects over and over as my computer keeps making the USB sound. The only time this doesn't happen is if i hold volume up or down when I plug it, sometimes, and that just freezes it on the ms logo. When I continue from there the phone will reboot as the installation is loading.

The issue is clearly not the battery. As it's 70℅ or so, yet Iget the 0 charge icon and the phone won't turn on outside the charger.

I have no clue what the solution to this problem is.

EdsonBubsy

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 640 win 10. stuck on low charge screen wont turn on off charger

So one day I reset my phone due to my phone slowing down, and it would not turn on.

After this I put it on the charger, it would load the Microsoft logo. then go to the charging screen with plug icon.

This is odd due to being at 80℅ of battery before I rebooted. Often it'll sit there with no result, sometimes it'll reboot multiple times.

If I remove the charger the phone instantly turns off. This has been going on for 5 days. Yesterday when I plugged the phone in it went back to tiles, but when I removed the battery to put my sim back in the issue came back. It also showed 72℅ charged so can't be the battery, and I don't know how that happened.

Windows recovery tool can't see the device and when I choose the find option the fix won't get to the phone. When I plug my Lumia via USB it reboots over and over and disconnects over and over as my computer keeps making the USB sound. The only time this doesn't happen is if i hold volume up or down when I plug it, sometimes, and that just freezes it on the ms logo. When I continue from there the phone will reboot as the installation is loading.

The issue is clearly not the battery. As it's 70℅ or so, yet Iget the 0 charge icon and the phone won't turn on outside the charger.

EdsonBubsy

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 640 win mobile 10. stuck on low charge screen wont turn on off charger

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Threads Merged.

User... Please do not create multiple threads on your issue. It actually works against you as any advice gets scattered around and a coherent conversation cannot develop as easily...

Wan Firas

May 17, 2015
Visit site
What did you mean by reset? The first time it happened. Was it a power-off-power-on reset or a factory reset? And are you on an insider build or just receiving the official update?

I bet it still could be a power-related problem though it may not be the battery per se. It can also be related to the OS (incomplete updates, glitches when installing builds, etc.).

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
1) Try changing the battery
2) Get the phone into the bootloader and use WDRT, soft reset -> hold the volume up button when it vibrates or just before (may take multiple attempts as it varies model to model -> hold volume up until you see the logo at the top of the screen and the screen should change colour from the default black. -> run WDRT.

I would recommend using a fresh/new battery, backing up your phone on a pc via usb cable and creating a back up via settings before using WDRT.

earthman007

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
1) Try changing the battery
2) Get the phone into the bootloader and use WDRT, soft reset -> hold the volume up button when it vibrates or just before (may take multiple attempts as it varies model to model -> hold volume up until you see the logo at the top of the screen and the screen should change colour from the default black. -> run WDRT.

I would recommend using a fresh/new battery, backing up your phone on a pc via usb cable and creating a back up via settings before using WDRT.

Is a backup possible if the phone is stuck in recharge mode, seemingly with insufficient power?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Is a backup possible if the phone is stuck in recharge mode, seemingly with insufficient power?

Depends if the os thinks if it has insufficient power or there insufficient power flowing through either by the USB port or battery (thus disconnecting) if it's the latter. It will be difficult to perform a cloud back up but not impossible and the same applies to backing up via drag and drop. As fortunately Lumia's stay on whilst power is being supplied through the USB.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire