Facebook Shortcut does not work after reinstall

David Rose5

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
I had a 'photos' problem which was solved by doing a total reinstall of the Lumia 640 LTE Windows 10 phone.
The only problem I am left with, which wasn't there before, is the Facebook icon does not work. I press it and it comes up with the 'APPS' page saying 'Facebook is not currently available'.
I downloaded the FB app but the icon is still dimmed. I can access FB by pressing the 'Share' button on the APPS page that comes up but this is not really a solution.
Any ideas how to reactivate the shortcut on the home screen?

Sagnik Pal

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app from the windows store? This usually helps.
Try restarting or soft-resetting you device (volume up + power button for 10 seconds)
Try installing it on the phone memory the second time (All Apps > Storage > New apps install to > phone). Such problems can arise if you have a bad SD card. Also consider trying a new, or some other SD card.

Hope this Helps. Best of Luck!

David Rose5

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
Thanks Sagnik, I did try reinstalling FB and it is installed but the icon is dimmed.
However, after your suggestions I look back into the settings and scrolled down the FB app page and noticed the memory requirement for FB is 2GB and there is a red 'X' next to it. Checked storage and I don't have 2gb free so I might just put in a larger SD card.
Thanks very much for the advice.
Cheers
Dave

David Rose5

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
Something suddenly struck me, I went into the 'All Apps' link clicked on FB and hit 'pin to start'. Deleted the dimmed icon and replaced with the new one.
How can something so simple be so hard to find/think of!
DOH!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss