Why isn't my Lumia 650 alerting me that messages have arrived?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 650 not alerting me that messages have arrived

I have a new Lumia 650 that i've set up to give me message alerts but it's still not giving them to me. It's not showing them as a number on my home screen or making noise notifications.

Once or twice a message number has appeared on the home screen but not until after i've actually opened the message tab, which is bizzare, nevermind pointless.

Anyone know what i can do to sort this?

Please!

Donna Kelly1

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Your Messaging App might be disabled in the background. Do these two things.

1. Settings > Privacy > Background apps > Microsoft Messaging > Should be "On"
2. System > Notifications & actions > Messaging > "On" for banners, show notifications in action center, vibrate if my sound setting support it, Notification sound > All On

HTH

stelesque

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
It was just doing this for me, I had to set notifications from the regular Settings menu and from the actual email account's Settings (from the ...), then I had to take out the battery and replace it. Only after that did the notifications work. I'm so disappointed in this phone.

Anita walls

Mar 24, 2017
Visit site
It was just doing this for me, I had to set notifications from the regular Settings menu and from the actual email account's Settings (from the ...), then I had to take out the battery and replace it. Only after that did the notifications work. I'm so disappointed in this phone.
I finally figured it out. You have to go to battery saver turn it on and put Messenger and messaging always allowed in the background for it to work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss