New Firmware update for Lumia 650 Dual SIM (Includes DTtW)

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Then what would be the 1152??? That's what i currently have at the moment and its a single sim. Maybe the guy just did a typo???

There are several slightly different variants with different LTE Bands. There aren't only two variants.

The RM-1150 is the US standard Single-SIM model. The RM-1152 is the model generally available elsewhere (Europe, India...etc). The RM-1153 is exclusive to Australia.

Dano91

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
One thing I just noticed is that proximity sensor is now reacting from greater distance, like 6-7cm.
If I'm not mistaken, it used to be less before firmware update, but I may be wrong on this..

Also GPS seems to be more accurate, but that's hard to be sure.. on the other hand though, it's still can't get horizontal/vertical accuracy below 7m (it should be able to reach 3m)

awesome777

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by chancooluk
Originally Posted by awesome777
Then what would be the 1152??? That's what i currently have at the moment and its a single sim. Maybe the guy just did a typo???

There are several slightly different variants with different LTE Bands. There aren't only two variants.

The RM-1150 is the US standard Single-SIM model. The RM-1152 is the model generally available elsewhere (Europe, India...etc). The RM-1153 is exclusive to Australia.

Thanks. I knew there that phones can have different models, but I thought the 650 had only the two.

So how many models of the 650 ( single or dual sim) are there in total?? Thanks

Dano91

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. I knew there that phones can have different models, but I thought the 650 had only the two.

From all practical purposes, there are only two - single and dual sim variant.

If you are asking for "RM-xxxx" variants, then there are 4, one for dual sim, three for single sim. They are divided by regions, e.g. North/Latin America, Europe/Africa/Asia, Pacific area.. And each of them is again divided by "Product code" based on individual countries or group of countries.. That is why there are so many firmware variants and why it sometimes takes such a long time to receive update on all phones..

But this is quite standard with all phones, for example, there are 5 RM variants of 950/XL Single/Dual and 14 variants of 640/XL Single/Dual..

awesome777

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by Dano91
Originally Posted by awesome777

From all practical purposes, there are only two - single and dual sim variant.

If you are asking for "RM-xxxx" variants, then there are 4, one for dual sim, three for single sim. They are divided by regions, e.g. North/Latin America, Europe/Africa/Asia, Pacific area.. And each of them is again divided by "Product code" based on individual countries or group of countries.. That is why there are so many firmware variants and why it sometimes takes such a long time to receive update on all phones..

But this is quite standard with all phones, for example, there are 5 RM variants of 950/XL Single/Dual and 14 variants of 640/XL Single/Dual..

So there is only one version of the Lumia 650 dual sim? That's interesting. I expected three, like the single sim.

Getting back on topic, I'm patiently waiting for my carrier to approve the update to allow me to take advantage of the DTtW. But I have a feeling it will take a while till I get it because of my carrier. Annoying to say the least.

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
You can still use WDRT, it's not that painful.. in 2-3 hours you are back where you've been when you started the update.

I dont have good experience with restoring backup on Lumia. Last time the apps from store were stuck and had to do a full hard reset without backup.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077