Refurbished Lumia 650 going for less than a dollar on Cricket

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
After 1 month service prepaid it came to about 31 dollars and change. No contract. Other terms apply. But good for a spare device if anyone's interested.

HERE

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Was going to post this deal, but since you've got that covered I'll add to this.

If you are already a subscriber, the additional $30 you need to pay up front will just be a credit to your monthly bill. To do this, you'll need to log into your Cricket account and upgrade your phone. Select the Lumia 650 and you'll see the $30 line item with a note that it will appear as a credit in your account. At the end, you'll be paying $1 since you're getting the $30 posted to your bill.

jiovine

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Was going to post this deal, but since you've got that covered I'll add to this.

If you are already a subscriber, the additional $30 you need to pay up front will just be a credit to your monthly bill. To do this, you'll need to log into your Cricket account and upgrade your phone. Select the Lumia 650 and you'll see the $30 line item with a note that it will appear as a credit in your account. At the end, you'll be paying $1 since you're getting the $30 posted to your bill.

What's their unlock policy? I wouldn't mind picking one up to use on AT&T Account.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Ordered one a couple of days ago from Cricket for the $31 ish price. It has not arrived yet but I understand it is not activated yet. I plan on getting it unlocked via service and using it on T-Mobile. My question is what if anything should/could I do with the $30 of service I do not plan on using or activating?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had success in unlocking these through third parties? Also from a couple of posts here, looks like the firmware cannot be updated to the unlock 4R US version, can someone confirm this?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone had success in unlocking these through third parties? Also from a couple of posts here, looks like the firmware cannot be updated to the unlock 4R US version, can someone confirm this?
SIM/network unlocking I'm unsure. What proof are they basing the unlocked FW update/install on? Installing the unlocked fw will not sim unlock the phone. If that's what you're asking...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I know they (Cricket) never pushed the DTtW firmware advance.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
SIM/network unlocking I'm unsure. What proof are they basing the unlocked FW update/install on? Installing the unlocked fw will not sim unlock the phone. If that's what you're asking...
I'm aware of the difference between SIM unlock and flashing a different firmware. I just combined 2 questions together in my post.

Either way, I'll know in 2 days if the flashing works, I won't be surprised if it does based on prior experience. SIM unlock might be a hit or miss depending on some eBay sellers.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm aware of the difference between SIM unlock and flashing a different firmware. I just combined 2 questions together in my post.

Either way, I'll know in 2 days if the flashing works, I won't be surprised if it does based on prior experience. SIM unlock might be a hit or miss depending on some eBay sellers.
Ok, I was pretty sure that was two questions. Just making sure.

The flashing will not work without changes, much like the Lumia 950 ATT variant and the Dual sim unlocked 950 model. Or I can say, atleast it should be possible if the same method used for the 950 is possible on the 650.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
They're back up to $49.99 for a new one on the Cricket site. At least if I have problems with the one coming today, I can get it swapped out..

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Received it yesterday. I enabled dbl tap to wake while on fw:01078.00036.16035.40009, basically stock cricket fw and newest w10m build.

Will let you know how the sim unlocking goes.

Flashing anything other than a cricket baked FFU is not possible without editing stuff.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Glad DTTW works. Use it all the time in my L640
Proper DTtW regedit is what it needed. However using InteropTools there is a toggle to set the hw to recognize it is dbl tap capable, and I toggled that too. Otherwise like mentioned I think the feature is not there by default.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3