White and Black? How about some Color??

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Darn. I am so used to colors. Having a red and yellow 1520 and now a orange Lumia 640 xl.

I was hoping to try green or blue to be honest. I had the white 928 and it was boring looking haha.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I had the white 928 and it was boring looking haha.

I will say, the matte white on the Icon/930 looks way better than the glossy on the 928. But I prefer the general design of the 928. Which is why i'm excited that this phone is said to be a hybrid design of the 928/830. Though I see a lot of 1520 in that little bump on the back.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I will say, the matte white on the Icon/930 looks way better than the glossy on the 928. But I prefer the general design of the 928. Which is why i'm excited that this phone is said to be a hybrid design of the 928/830. Though I see a lot of 1520 in that little bump on the back.

I'm going to miss the boxy Lumia design ala 640 xl

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I think they should make the phones in colors that match the SP3 and S3 type cover color schemes. White, black, cyan, red, purple, and blue... and throw in silver that matches the SP3.

I agree. It is the silver trim that really set it off. I wouldn't a mind cyan with silver trim to match my SP3 with the cyan type cover.

Black3ternity

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I owned a black Lumia 920 because I thought it looked great and I was a bit "afraid" of the colors back then.
After that, I upgraded to a (sadly) T-Mobile Germany branded Lumia 1020 which comes only in white and I usually dislike white devices.
Now I love the white phone. A friend of mine owns a white iPhone and I don't like the white Bezel. The White chassis and Black bezel looks great.
After thinking of buying a Lumia 930, I threw my eye on a green Lumia 930 and I really like the color, but it could be a bit "much" - espacially for photography because the back plate can pretty much refract light and tint the picture for closeup-shots (same with white).

It's a bit sad to lose the choice of color on the 950 but I will definately but it in white.
I saw the black 930 and I really don't like that black "blob". Same with the 920 that I owned. When I look at it (GF inherited it), it looks like a black blob. Good, but a bit too much - especially with the ceramic accents.

Maybe they will add something like the antenna gate on the 930 - but even if not, I like the white Unibody from my Lumia 1020.
The size of the Lumia 950 XL is a bit heavy for me in terms of overall size, but I love the features and so here I go and will buy a white 950 XL when it's released.

Regards,

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Sign me up for green or orange as well. I have the full lineup for my Lumia 830... green, orange, black, white, and yellow.

Hopefully the 950/950 XL will have exchangeable backs.

I also wouldn't mind a version with gold aluminum framing... fell in love with those gold Lumia 830s and 930s. Seems that's out of the picture though, with the rumor that these devices will be all polycarbonate.

Satorindley

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a feeling that Cityman and Talkman fall under the 'business' category that Satya talked about about (budget, business, high-end) Perhaps the high end is the rumored 'Surface Phone' ?

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Rumor has it that cyan will be available to developers or something along those lines. I don't know if it's true as I can't confirm my sources credibility. However, I have to assume that they'll do something similar as they did with the 640/XL with removable backs anyway.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey well, worst case scenario one could just have their phone faceplant into some paint like my sister's :) (it's alive and well!)

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Rumor has it that cyan will be available to developers or something along those lines. I don't know if it's true as I can't confirm my sources credibility. However, I have to assume that they'll do something similar as they did with the 640/XL with removable backs anyway.

Did the 640 have built in qi charging? The Icon and 930 have replaceable backs as well. But the flash & qi are on the backs themselves, so in order to replace backs, you need to replace the qi and the flash as well. It's do-able, but not a super easy swap solution.

sik2k

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I like the coloured phones and think it's great when there are a plethora of colours available for folk to choose from but I know my next phone will be black. I just feel more comfortable and less conspicuous with black and also think it wears/ages better (I don't use cases).

I bought my wife a white 928 and it looked nice but she smashed it within a month and we replaced it with a black one. In my eyes it looks just as nice although she preferred the original.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Did the 640 have built in qi charging? The Icon and 930 have replaceable backs as well. But the flash & qi are on the backs themselves, so in order to replace backs, you need to replace the qi and the flash as well. It's do-able, but not a super easy swap solution.

640 does not have any Qi solution save for hacking or other third-party stuff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs