Realistic release date for 950XL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
They need to be actually available at least the first to second week of November at the absolute latest. It has been a long time coming and the Galaxy Note 5, Edge Plus, iPhone 6S and 6S Plus, and Moto X Style will already be available by October. The longer Microsoft waits the more potential consumers will already have upgraded to one of those devices not to mention the very tempting budget section that is growing by the week. See Moto G and One Plus Two as well.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I think that's a good release date. I recently got the LG G4 and it has a great camera. I'll be keeping it until this device is released, if all the specs are correct. I miss lumia style construction. :)

dakken

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I got the G4 on its release date to hold me over till the 950xl comes out and i can use my jump on tmobile.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Actually it says "In stock on December 8, 2015" sorry I was referring to the reason for releasing cases for a unreleased phone then bring them in December date if the phone was released say November....?
Would it make sense to launch phone with case's the same time just doesn't make sense, ten weeks before stock?

Xavier2508

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Actually it says "In stock on December 8, 2015" sorry I was referring to the reason for releasing cases for a unreleased phone then bring them in December date if the phone was released say November....?
Would it make sense to launch phone with case's the same time just doesn't make sense, ten weeks before stock?
I know, but as i said, other cases are available in October: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B012N...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3230536
So at least one case maker expects the 950xl by early November at the latest. The other one is either more cautious, or simply needs more time to build up stock.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
A late mid to late October date for the new Surface, Lumia, and MS Band to all go on Sale would be great.

What if MS is going to surprise us, and begin the sales ON October 6th? All three Products being sold directly right out of the new New York Store on announcement date... Just an idea (perhaps an overly optimistic one? :D )

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
A late mid to late October date for the new Surface, Lumia, and MS Band to all go on Sale would be great.

What if MS is going to surprise us, and begin the sales ON October 6th? All three Products being sold directly right out of the new New York Store on announcement date... Just an idea (perhaps an overly optimistic one? :D )

Unfortunately the OS "Win10 mobile" won't be ready "Gone Gold" until October 6 maybe then they have to uploaded into all the phones then box and deliver....say 3 weeks process before the first wave so October 28 the earliest November where good.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
There are no known release dates for the devices. It's likely that some markets will be served earlier than others, so a single release date is unlikely to be meaningful to everyone anyway.

As far as W10M is concerned we know even less. We definitely won't have a final release (if we ever get such a thing with W10M) on Oct. 6th. Latest rumours suggest the L950/XL will launch with a developer preview build of the OS. Note these are just rumours.

I've never heard anybody mention specifically September 24th as a release date for anything, neither devices nor the OS. I don't know where that rumour comes from, but considering it is the 24th today I think it's safe to dismiss it (an early rumour predicting the specific release day should probably not have been ascribed much credibility anyway).

I've summarized most of WCentral's rumours and guesses here, which is also where I'd ask you to continue this discussion:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile/377693-w10m-release-dates-answers-inside.html

Closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss