Lumia 950XL 360-degree Video: original factory CAD leaked

jonahtrav

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I know this isn't a big deal for everyone, but please can we not have the external speaker on the back ... Not the greatest of on the bottom, but ok...

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
All I care about is availability. I'm really hoping this will be available for T-Mobile since the 950 is supposed to be an ATT exclusive. I believe the prices will be really tempting and affordable to get them in the hands of a lot of consumers. I think that's the reason for the simple design. There really isn't anything to distinguish this as a flagship and not even the camera hump since the Lumia 640XL and 830 sport one too. But I still really want one and I'm fine with the design choice as long as I can easily get one. The camera is going to be king of 2015 and early 2016 if I know Microsoft. Next week is the week!

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I know this isn't a big deal for everyone, but please can we not have the external speaker on the back ... Not the greatest of on the bottom, but ok...

I feel you, however I think as long as it's popped up from what might muffle it (thanks camera hump) that it will reverberate out from the phone across your palm or a flat surface, and still be heard well. I can hear my 930 great when its on it's back on a desk for example, due to the audio bouncing along the surfaces.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Meh, I like the blue Cityman in the leaked press photos better as a reference to what the device will look like... The Cityman in this video looks extremely cartoon-ish making it hard to appreciate the design presented

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
All I care about is availability. I'm really hoping this will be available for T-Mobile since the 950 is supposed to be an ATT exclusive.

I don't think it has ever been claimed to be an ATT exclusive. If anything, there haven't been any carriers stated and the general thought is that it will be sold thru MS.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it has ever been claimed to be an ATT exclusive. If anything, there haven't been any carriers stated and the general thought is that it will be sold thru MS.
Yeah not claimed officially but Daniel Rubino has consistently received information from sources (along with Microsoft's and ATT's history) that this will be the case for the 950 at least. But trust me there won't be a happier person if this information turns out to be wrong. We'll see in a week.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
It was posted by evleaks. He has an ongoing spat with onleaks. This was him claiming kudos for having higher quality images. Onleaks only got hold of some CAD renders.

Last edited:

to_be_announced

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I have to say, the more I see of these phones the more I'm liking them. Was not a fan at first, but like others stated, the renders don't usually show phones in a positive light.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Ehh, this doesn't intrigue me. It doesn't show us texturing of the device or any real-world things on how the device will look or feel in the wild (light reflection, materials, fingerprints, etc). I also want to know about color options more. This is just a fancier version of the pictures we've seen for a while now.

And there's the fact it's only the XL, not the 950, which is seems I will sadly be stuck with because the XL won't be on AT&T and I'm not throwing $750+ at an off-contract phone right now.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You people sound like brain washed apple fans.

The phone looks the same from the first render.... Like a 640. Nothing about it looks premium.

P.S I'm still going to buy the 950 :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb