Suggested Pricing For 950 & XL?

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
So I seem to see a LOT of people thinking that Cityman and Talkman are devices that are going to be affordable flagships or just mid ranged pricing. As much as anyone would love to see that I think this is going to be a rather high end device that will ask for premium dollars. Maybe not iphone 6S+ premium ($749), but close to. With the recent announcement of the Nexus 5x and 6P it's safe to say that it won't be as cheap as theirs due to the lesser quality and specifications that they have. Their prices are currently at the $379-$499 price range.

So it is safe to say that their pricing would be between the Nexus and the iPhone pricing depending on the size device that you're looking at.

Now I personally think that the cheaper these phones can be the better. WM is not winning this competition by any means and most people are satisfied with what their phones can do. If Microsoft can turn heads with their price points and features like iris and continuum then I believe they can still build some market share. I think it's all about getting the device into more people's hands.

I would like to see the pricing at:
$550 for the Lumia 950
$650 for the Lumia 950XL

I think this would be realistic and affordable enough to get these out to people. I do have to say that I would not be surprised if it's more.
What price do you think these will release at?

TL;DR. What price do you think these phones should be at and why?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I think they should price them at $479 and $599 if they really want the devices to take off.
If they will offer a free Continuum dock then the price could be $549 and $649 respectively.
Otherwise despite all the hoopla I don't think people will jump in and buy these phones since it will be at least 12 to 15 months before anything meaningful will happen about the app gap.

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I think they should price them at $479 and $599 if they really want the devices to take off.
If they will offer a free Continuum dock then the price could be $549 and $649 respectively.
Otherwise despite all the hoopla I don't think people will jump in and buy these phones since it will be at least 12 to 15 months before anything meaningful will happen about the app gap.

I do agree. I think the app gap is what is really hurting them from maintaining their customers. I did forget that the Lumia 640XL is at $249.99 USD. So seeing it at the $479 and $599 is probably their best bet, but I think with the last pricing of their 1520 it's not likely. When the 1520 launched it was at $749.
I fear they may have packed too much punch in the specs to make it that low of a price.

the92playboy

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I spent a little time today trying to get an idea of what the pricing might be for the 2 devices, based off of the leak last week from a Spanish retailer that had the 950 @ 659 Euros and the 950 XL @ 749 Euros. A lot of factors go into the price of a phone in different parts of the world so a straight conversion (ie that the 950 XL will cost $838 USD in US) is not sufficient here.

For a comparision, I took the Apple Iphone 6s and 6s Plus. Across all the models, the data translates the same. For example, a 64 GB 6s is 619 pounds in London, which is a straight conversion to $934.69 USD. But Apple store USA sells that phone for $749.

The iPhone 6s and 6s Plus aren't available in certain countries yet, including Spain. But Eurozone pricing has been released and I am working on the assumption that Spain is included in that. Eurozone Apple has the 6s 64 GB pricing at 849 Euros (which is actually about 15 Euros higher than the UK, or about $25 USD). Furthermore, France is an additional 10 Euros on every model of 6s and 6s Plus.

Taking ALL of that into account, let's try and make sense of the pricing leak. The 950 was leaked with a price of 659 Euros. The Eurozone 6s 16 GB (very lowest model) is 739 Euros. That same phone is $649 USD in the States. That puts the 950 US price somewhere in the $578 USD range, but it's very unconventional to price like that so we will likely see either $549 or $599 USD for the 950.

The 950 XL was leaked at 749 Euros, which using the same technique, is in the $657 USD range. Again, uncoventional priocing scheme, so I believe we will see $649 for the 950 XL.

TL;DR- Using comparables and the Spain pricing leak, 950 will be priced at $549 US and 950 XL at $649 US.

the92playboy

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I spent a little time today trying to get an idea of what the pricing might be for the 2 devices, based off of the leak last week from a Spanish retailer that had the 950 @ 659 Euros and the 950 XL @ 749 Euros. A lot of factors go into the price of a phone in different parts of the world so a straight conversion (ie that the 950 XL will cost $838 USD in US) is not sufficient here.

For a comparision, I took the Apple Iphone 6s and 6s Plus. Across all the models, the data translates the same. For example, a 64 GB 6s is 619 pounds in London, which is a straight conversion to $934.69 USD. But Apple store USA sells that phone for $749.

The iPhone 6s and 6s Plus aren't available in certain countries yet, including Spain. But Eurozone pricing has been released and I am working on the assumption that Spain is included in that. Eurozone Apple has the 6s 64 GB pricing at 849 Euros (which is actually about 15 Euros higher than the UK, or about $25 USD). Furthermore, France is an additional 10 Euros on every model of 6s and 6s Plus.

Taking ALL of that into account, let's try and make sense of the pricing leak. The 950 was leaked with a price of 659 Euros. The Eurozone 6s 16 GB (very lowest model) is 739 Euros. That same phone is $649 USD in the States. That puts the 950 US price somewhere in the $578 USD range, but it's very unconventional to price like that so we will likely see either $549 or $599 USD for the 950.

The 950 XL was leaked at 749 Euros, which using the same technique, is in the $657 USD range. Again, uncoventional priocing scheme, so I believe we will see $649 for the 950 XL.

TL;DR- Using comparables and the Spain pricing leak, 950 will be priced at $549 US and 950 XL at $649 US.

Nailed It. :)

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
^ lol, well done! I wasn't thinking about numbers that specific, but it's definitely in the range I expected them to be in, and worth it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos