Mashable has the 950XL camera in action.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Mashable has the 950XL camera in action. The iSheep reaction to updated Living Images is pricele

The camera is the single most important feature to me, and a large part of the reason why Nokia lured me to Windows Phone.

Awesome to finally hear from Juha, and hear about the image quality. I've been very curious how the 950 series cameras will compare to the 1520 camera. Based on f1.9 alone, the new phones will be much better in low light, but I'm looking forward to Windows Central conducting camera comparison tests in the near future.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Mashable has the 950XL camera in action. The iSheep reaction to updated Living Images is pricele

I'm glad he made a point to tell the guy that we had living images way before the iPhone. I can't wait for this device!

CygnusOrion

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site

Nice to see that MS didn't fire the talented Nokia camera engineers and that they didn't quit either.

khalilis2ill

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

My 1520 is busted and I was so impatient that I preorder an iPhone 6s plus today, but after seeing this I remembered why I love using windows phone so much. I'm going to call AT&T first thing in the morning and cancel my order. 950 XL in my future.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

Nice to see that MS didn't fire the talented Nokia camera engineers and that they didn't quit either.

They let go the "extra baggage" that came with the acquisition. The people that had the most vision, and tech experience they kept. Simple.

It was funny too, "hey, I've seen that somewhere before", as if insinuating that MS copied apple with that feature. The MS guy was like yeah we had that for 2 years in windows phone and Lumia. Buddy never said a word.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

I just hope that Microsoft DOES something with the Living Images feature. Can we get the LI as wallpapers? Lock screens? Do they show in the Photos app? On my Icon, none of those things are available. Will it show on the web when I share a picture from my OneDrive camera roll folder? That doesn't happen now either.
The feature has largely been useless. Will it actually be useful now?

dakken

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

:confused: "Ooh... I've seen something like this!"

He obviously live in the apple bubble and doesnt know what exist outside of that even if it's been around for 2 years.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

They let go the "extra baggage" that came with the acquisition. The people that had the most vision, and tech experience they kept. Simple.

I would hope so. Too bad they apparenlty didn't keep the people who design the outside of the phone.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Hah, glad Juha stood his ground and corrected the presenter.

The review by Pete Pachal was actually a decent read, it was little light on details but it was decent never the less.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site

Just yesterday my younger brother and I were discussing phones and he was describing a new feature on his iPhone called live photos. It took me a minute to realize what he was describing was living images because I didn't expect his "new cool thing" was something that had been on Windows Phone for years.

Rooks308

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site

I'm looking forward to seeing how good the camera is in the real world. I never trust press photos. In that video for example they showed the first photo and said "this is what you'd get in a typical smartphone". Maybe, but which smartphone? What lighting conditions were the two photos shot in? If I take the time to set up a shot and manually set the aperture and shutter speed, ISO and flash power I can get a great shot vs just hip fire shooting my DSLR. I know there is a lot of excitement right now I just don't want to get overzealous about a product nobody has really put through its paces yet.

Now with that said, what they've shown so far looks pretty good, and that photo he took at the end was not in the most favorable lighting and looked ok, but then again it was a picture on a smartphone that was being videotaped from a few feet away that I am now looking at on a monitor. So hard to really tell. I never really cared for living images before, I doubt I'll use them now, maybe if like was mentioned above where they let you use them as a wallpaper or lock screen perhaps.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Best thing he said was living images are now supported on every Windows 10 device and uses a standard file format.

Will be interesting to see that in action.

rhamblet

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

Best thing he said was living images are now supported on every Windows 10 device and uses a standard file format.

Will be interesting to see that in action.

I agree. I took a ton of living images on my Nokia 1520, but they do not export to any other device. He said the video was embedded into the .jpg. Will be interesting if I can view that on my Windows 10 PC.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

He obviously live in the apple bubble and doesnt know what exist outside of that even if it's been around for 2 years.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Just like 90 percent of the lemmings. They think apple invented the phone, the computer, watches, breathing, and possibly in some diehard situations cell structure in the human brain.

Rooks308

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site

Just like 90 percent of the lemmings. They think apple invented the phone, the computer, watches, breathing, and possibly in some diehard situations cell structure in the human brain.

I hope you are just being lighthearted. If you were serious then I am afraid to have to say that this is not reality no matter how many people I see on these forums proclaim that it is. People need to understand that you will NOT win people over to the Windows phone platform by insulting them or their intelligence and decision making and judgement. I know a lot of people with iPhones and Android phones and only 2 (a husband and wife) who use Windows phones. None of them (including the windows phone users) thinks Apple invented any of those things nor do they even care. The dad or grandpa who buys a smartphone just wants one because he wants to use it to take pictures of his kid or grandchild while they are out playing or at a sporting event or to read email, or watch a movie, play a game. They do not care who made what first, they only care if the product works, it is easy to use and they can afford it. The only people who even remotely talk this way are keyboard warriors on web forums.

Come on guys, if we want to win hearts and minds to the platform can we cut this stuff out?

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I agree. I took a ton of living images on my Nokia 1520, but they do not export to any other device. He said the video was embedded into the .jpg. Will be interesting if I can view that on my Windows 10 PC.

He stated the jpg format is viewable on Windows 10 devices. For web uploads and other devices they can be shared as videos from the Photos app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3