Sound quality Lumia 950XL

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
How is the sound quality through speakers? Anyone tested with headphones yet? I assume this will have good sound as Microsoft was bragging about the sound on stage.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
How is the sound quality through speakers? Anyone tested with headphones yet? I assume this will have good sound as Microsoft was bragging about the sound on stage.

The phone isn't released, therefore can't say, without getting the hands on it. But I hope it is as good or better than Lumia 1520

Amano800

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
From memory I think he only mentioned that it supported HDMI out from the dock. In which case you'd get good sound due to your theater system or HiFi system at home and not the phone itself.

I'm guessing it be the latest mobile DAC they'd think is a good compromise between cost, quality, and implementation. So realistically it'll be a marginal improvement, in my opinion, over the 1520. As for speaker quality I wouldn't hazard a guess since I always use my earphones when I want to listen to music.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
From memory I think he only mentioned that it supported HDMI out from the dock. In which case you'd get good sound due to your theater system or HiFi system at home and not the phone itself.

I'm guessing it be the latest mobile DAC they'd think is a good compromise between cost, quality, and implementation. So realistically it'll be a marginal improvement, in my opinion, over the 1520. As for speaker quality I wouldn't hazard a guess since I always use my earphones when I want to listen to music.

Hehe earphones will work too.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

That said, how is sound quality of the 1520 using good set of headphones??
I actually use my smartphone to listen to music quite often (mp3s, Pandora, Spotify) with my Audio-Technica ATH-M50 & Bose QC15...

Amano800

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I think the sound quality is actually very good for the 1520. I'm sure you would very satisfied with your headphones on them Captpt.

As for your question on good headphones, there's honestly a myriad of variables to consider. If you're just using your phone though, stick with low impedance and 3.5mm phone jacks and you'll be sweet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6