03-03-2017 10:14 AM
381 ... 141516
tools
    i got mine 950xl for more than a month... and im still happy with it
    i hope the camera features from the 930 will be available soon with the 950xl and 950 like the refocus, actionshot, selfie, and cinemagraph
    Refocus lens on 950XL ... I don't know why they stop one of the more unique app in mobiledom. Although I'm glad its still available on my spare 1520. Friends of mine been boasting about refocus-like function on their Huawei P9, it rankles.

... !!
    02-28-2017 02:09 AM
    This is an amusing thread to read. I still have my 950xl, having received it in December '15.

Lumia 950XL Review – The Perfect Reign

The device feels less than ideal compared to my x3 but still takes fantastic photos. Better than my son's S7. My only gripes are with the power button being too close and between the volume keys and the horrid sound quality compared to any Iphone or my HTC One M8.

Now that I'm on a newer phone, the screen on the 950xl seems plastic like. Nit sure why.

Sent from mTalk
    I take a ton of pictures, so i'm super happy with the camera; took it up skiing today, and my pics turned out great! (I'm trying to add a pic to this reply, but it won't let me for some reason...)

I know what you mean about the 'plastic' feel of the screen. The IDOL 4S glass screen seems to much more 'premium'; the 4S also is way brighter; i ran it with the brightness on 50%, and it looked amazing. When i got my 950 XL, and set it to 50%, it looked dull; i've set it to 75%, and it looks close to the IDOL, but that 'plastic' look is still there...
    Doesn't your X3 seem to large and clunky? I played around with one in the Microsoft store in Toronto, and it seemed huge!
    Last edited by darrell reimer; 03-02-2017 at 12:05 AM.
    02-28-2017 11:21 PM
    Got my 950XL about a week ago, still understanding its configuration, facilities but love it. Love the flat UI layout, much preferable to Apple and Android. Don't utilise many apps, concentrating on Outlook, Edge, Messaging. Attempted Hello but need a quiet, bright area I think, as didn't allow me to logon using my saved profile.

Bit of a pain to get Outlook and Messaging to alert me when emails, texts arrive but after posting on a windows forum, some kind soul helped me out. The 950XL provides basic descriptions and constant searching to work out some features are required but I'd expect that of any complex phone, including iOS and Android.

I just don't like the variety of iOS and Android apps and their look and feel and the flat UI of Windows 10 on the phone is perfect for me. Overall, love it.
    MrockNroll and darrell reimer like this.
    03-01-2017 12:16 PM
    Welcome David, glad your enjoying your new 950XL. Where here to help you. well most of us anyways
    03-02-2017 09:53 AM
    Got my 950XL about a week ago, still understanding its configuration, facilities but love it. Love the flat UI layout, much preferable to Apple and Android. Don't utilise many apps, concentrating on Outlook, Edge, Messaging. Attempted Hello but need a quiet, bright area I think, as didn't allow me to logon using my saved profile.

Bit of a pain to get Outlook and Messaging to alert me when emails, texts arrive but after posting on a windows forum, some kind soul helped me out. The 950XL provides basic descriptions and constant searching to work out some features are required but I'd expect that of any complex phone, including iOS and Android.

I just don't like the variety of iOS and Android apps and their look and feel and the flat UI of Windows 10 on the phone is perfect for me. Overall, love it.
    when you make a windows hello set up raise your phone parallel to your face upright at a reasonable distance. i think this will make your windows hello better at unlocking your phone when you try to look down on it after. its my own experience
    03-03-2017 10:13 AM
    I am super impressed and very happy with the camera so far! I came over from the Alcatel IDOL S4; it was the perfect phone for me....except for the camera; it was too weak to overcome all of the other phone strengths. the 950 XL camera is noticeably all-around better (focus, colour, detail, balance, exposure, speed). Super happy with it!
    super camera
    03-03-2017 10:14 AM
381 ... 141516