Double Tap to wake is gone on 950/950XL OS...

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I went to my local at&t store over the weekend to check out the 950 and noticed it wouldn't wake with a double tap, I couldn't find it in the settings so I just figured the setting was buried somewhere but it was verified by 950 users on they're forum that its not in the new OS..
I'm bummed :(

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I went to my local at&t store over the weekend to check out the 950 and noticed it wouldn't wake with a double tap, I couldn't find it in the settings so I just figured the setting was buried somewhere but it was verified by 950 users on they're forum that its not in the new OS..
I'm bummed :(

Yeah Dan covered that in his recent Ask Dan episodes (I think..or was it the AMA? anyway..). Speculation is that it might be a driver issue at this point and would likely be added in at a later date.

Zendroid1

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
What else is missing from this version of the OS? I listened to Pocketnow podcast last night and a windows diehard said he wasn't sure he wanted to switch to the 950 or 950 xl because of all the things missing from win 10.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just had an update to the "Touch" app on my 1520 that looks to be more "Windows 10" than the screen I remember before. Maybe there's also an update for the 950?

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I hope it will be added because it's one of the things I love about WP and its Glance screen, I show off that to friends all the time

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I used to listen to the Pocketnow podcast also for its Nokia coverage but its been getting more and more Android "central" in the past year... Michael used to be a staunch windows user but even he has been very down on windows 10 mobile... and in general i dont really like that podcast anymore as its gotten too much of the way of other podcasts with not enough talking and more just messing around... i dont like their "news" editor either, Stephen, he's just regurgitating most of the time...

As for double tap to wake- i have seen several sources say its coming....

kappatau808

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
first of all let me say we are all different and we like different things, but yeah maybe double tap to wake is nice but i don't...nevermind lol i don't use it anyway

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
My HTC One M8 has had it on pretty much every preview build that i have used. Could it be specific to certain phones and not the whole OS?

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Tap-To-Wake will most likely be added during a future update.

I used to listen to the Pocketnow podcast also for its Nokia coverage but its been getting more and more Android "central" in the past year... Michael used to be a staunch windows user but even he has been very down on windows 10 mobile...
I like Michael's reviews, second only to Lisa Gade, so yeah I'm a bit saddened that the WP/W10M platform has fallen from his favor. Also acting as a catalyst were WP fans, so bitter and angry all the time. Pity.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills