Any word on pre orders for 950XL in the physical stores?

outoftime84

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I pre ordered a couple of 950XL's from my lock store back in October. I heard the release will be either tomorrow or the 26th. I was wondering if anyone had received an email or a call regarding pick up yet?

RL76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
i was told to pick up my 950XL on thx giving day at 1800. line is going to be crazy at the store, or any stores...not sure if i want to be in part of the madne$$...

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, wondering if more people heard anything from their local stores. I'm going to swing by my local shop tomorrow, fingers crossed hope they have them in and I really don't want to have to go in on Thanksgiving or Black Friday.

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I pre ordered a couple of 950XL's from my lock store back in October. I heard the release will be either tomorrow or the 26th. I was wondering if anyone had received an email or a call regarding pick up yet?
nope. and somehow I don't expect to, even though I was told otherwise. they also said they would hold phones for pre-orders for 7 days. I don't expect them to hold to that either. don't have it in writing anywhere.

since I can't make it to the store until Friday anyway (my local store will be open for 6 hours Turkey Day evening) I may just skip it altogether since I expect stock will sell out quickly here in Silicon Valley.

Last edited:

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I can make it into my store either day, although I really don't want to as well. I figure I'll stop in today and see if they can advise me on the best time to turn up, since my preorder is on the "preorder backorder" list. May be that they won't even give me one this go round. Sad, since my pre-order was made 10/10. Kinda feel like the kid who wasn't invited to the birthday party, LOL.

RicKaysen

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I did an in store order and was told they'd hold it through the weekend since I'm out of town for the holiday. Just as well since the anticipated crush is not something I'd want to be part of.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
someone in "the 950XL waiting room" has stated that he saw his local MS store unpacking the 950XLs... i asked which location , but no response yet...
we "know" the devices should be in stores BEFORE December 1st latest in the US as the NYC and Bellevue stores are having special windows insider events where they will give away free display docks with the 950 or the 950XL if you buy at the event...

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
nope. and somehow I don't expect to, even though I was told otherwise. they also said they would hold phones for pre-orders for 7 days. I don't expect them to hold to that either. don't have it in writing anywhere.

since I can't make it to the store until Friday anyway (my local store will be open for 6 hours Turkey Day evening) I may just skip it altogether since I expect stock will sell out quickly here in Silicon Valley.

Is this the Valley Fair location? What time are they going to be open on Thanksgiving?

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I called my local full store and they confirmed Thursday and not Wed.

He gave me some bs about not having a list of the preorders to confirm they had my email, but assured me I can pick it up Thursday.

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
My store said not until Friday, 12am. I asked if they sure and she apparently went to check with her manager, so Friday. They had better have some left if they are wrong!

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My store told me Friday, but the salesman did not seem to know much. He said they would be open thanksgiving night, so I may call the store tomorrow and see if they know anything else. I figure if they will sell them Black Friday, they should have them in by tomorrow. It makes no sense why they cannot fill the preorders as soon as the store gets them. Those who ordered online well after me are getting theirs tomorrow. I sure would like to know for sure that we will get the same free dock from the app after purchasing it from the physical store. The Sales guy at my store did not know anything about it. Making us go to the store on Black Friday is nuts.

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Well, I could tell they had them in back right now, but she wouldn't budge. Pre order means nothing, except that it gave them an estimate of how many to have on hand. It doesn't get me a guaranteed phone, or even a guaranteed place in line. Nothing.

And yes, Black Friday at 12:30 am in a dangerous downtown area does NOT appeal to me at all.

Still going. ;)

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, I could tell they had them in back right now, but she wouldn't budge. Pre order means nothing, except that it gave them an estimate of how many to have on hand. It doesn't get me a guaranteed phone, or even a guaranteed place in line. Nothing.

And yes, Black Friday at 12:30 am in a dangerous downtown area does NOT appeal to me at all.

Still going. ;)

She doesn't know what she is talking about. The whole purpose of the preorder is to guarantee that they hold one for you.

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Local store told me I can't get it until Thanksgiving day when they open (6pm at my local store). No sooner, despite it being there right now.

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Spoke to a lady who said it would be available for sale on the 25th if they had any available. She did not sound too confident though....

johnnyrussoa3

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Just got a call from my local Microsoft Store (King of Prussia) the 950 Xl's are in and available to pick up right now!!!!!!! Just made my day, I really didn't want to go tomorrow!

The employee said, there were a few emails that just went out saying they were allowed to sell them today, their original communications stated they had to wait until the 26th.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills