In-Person Store Pre-orders

Matthew Fifer

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
So back in October when I pre-ordered my xl at the Microsoft store, they told me that approximately 48-72 hours prior to the release of the phone in the store I would receive an email from a store employee to confirm if I still wanted the phone. I found out from an employee at the same store last week, they would be getting the phone on Friday as the store would not be open Thursday. I have not received any such email as told and I am starting to get nervous they lied or messed up my email (which I confirmed like 3 times).

I was wondering if anyone else who pre-ordered in the store has received notification when they could get their phone?

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I still have not received any emails and I had preordered in store on 10/09. I did call my local store a few days ago and was told I can pick mine up on Thanksgiving Day (tomorrow) and the dock will be included. Hope they did not lie to me. I dread driving out to that area because I know it will be crazy with traffic and the biggest shopping day of the year so they better have mine ready or I will not be happy.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I haven't received an email or call from my local store yet about my pre-prder. But my on-line order arrives today according to UPS. Will cancel my pre-order when I go to the store today to add Complete and get a veteran price adjustment for my on-line order. Still am baffled why you can't get Complete at the same time you order a phone on-line.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Just got the pre-order email (and the notify me when available email).

So will be heading down and waiting when they open this morning. If my on-line order isn't here before I have to leave, I'll return it next week.

Matthew Fifer

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
At this point I kinda wish that I would have ordered online, course I never anticipated them screwing this release up like this. I never thought it would come out on the worst possible day of the whole year for it to do so. I live nearly 40 miles from the store I ordered at, but work right across the street. If I want to get it, I have to drive all the way there, in Chicago traffic....basically they don't want me to have the phone it seems.

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
At this point I kinda wish that I would have ordered online, course I never anticipated them screwing this release up like this. I never thought it would come out on the worst possible day of the whole year for it to do so. I live nearly 40 miles from the store I ordered at, but work right across the street. If I want to get it, I have to drive all the way there, in Chicago traffic....basically they don't want me to have the phone it seems.

Same situation I'm dealing with. I work within 1 mile of my local MS store but live 30 miles away from it..... Go figure, thought I was being 'smart'.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site

Same here. No Lumia launch has even been this messy before, at least as far as I can remember. I mean, I preordered in-store way back on Oct. 12th because I was like, "Online preorders haven't gone up yet, and I don't mind journeys to my local store. I'll just preorder in store because I can still get it launch day and have my preorder locked in."

If I had known what a mess this would've been, I would've just ordered online. I'd probably even have it on my front door step by now. Such a mess.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
congrats - glad you were able to pick one up.... do let us (who are still waiting to have ours ship) how you like it...

So far, so good! I was able to import all my settings/apps from my MS account backup without a hitch. I like that's more compact than the 640 XL's body, but still has a nice big screen. Feels more 'professional' and less 'toy' like (think iPhone or Android).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans