Lumia 950XL awesomeness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a LOT to add to the bugs thread but I'm sure there are a lot of good things too. So post them here.

I have been unable to make myself use Insider builds on my 1520.3 for more than a few hours at a time because I use Hey Cortana
a LOT.

But Hey Cortana is MUCH better on my 950XL than it ever was on the 1520.3!

On the 1520, you had to say Hey Cortana and wait for Cortana to wake up and prompt for a command,

On the 950XL you can do it all in one step. Example: "Hey Cortana, PhotoStream New wallpaper". Apparently what you say after Hey Cortana now gets recorded and then passed on to the real Cortana when she wakes up.

Its like I died and went to Hey Cortana Heaven.

This alone makes up for the seemingly endless list of bugs, many of which are tolerable.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a LOT to add to the bugs thread but I'm sure there are a lot of good things too. So post them here.

I have been unable to make myself use Insider builds on my 1520.3 for more than a few hours at a time because I use Hey Cortana
a LOT.

But Hey Cortana is MUCH better on my 950XL than it ever was on the 1520.3!

On the 1520, you had to say Hey Cortana and wait for Cortana to wake up and prompt for a command,

On the 950XL you can do it all in one step. Example: "Hey Cortana, PhotoStream New wallpaper". Apparently what you say after Hey Cortana now gets recorded and then passed on to the real Cortana when she wakes up.

Its like I died and went to Hey Cortana Heaven.

This alone makes up for the seemingly endless list of bugs, many of which are tolerable.

I just figured out how to work curtana and man is it great, all day yesterday i sounded like an ***** saying cortana what is this and thaaaaaat, and nothing would happen. But after reading this i found notebook and saw settings and boom woke this girl up she is responding to everything. great deal here great.

tpesa

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate both threads that talk about bugs and threads that discuss great things about these phones. And in my opinion, this 950XL is a great phone. I've been an insider since the beginning and have been using Win 10 on a1520 and 640XL. Using a device pre loaded with the OS makes me glad how things are moving forward with the platform. I love how much quicker everything operates on it, including Cortana. The camera is fast and sharp and I'm way happy to once again have a super shooter in my device. Pictures are my memories with my family and have to be good enough to last generations. Hello beta works every single time for me and is a welcomed way to open my phone. I'm looking forward to the greatness this phone offers. I know kinks will get ironed out in due time and nothing is a deal breaker.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Some people are saying Hey Cortana isn't available/working in Canada yet. I'll be testing that out in a bit, just got mine :D
Hmmm. That sounds strange unless Cortana isn't available in Canada. I mean the only reason to deliberately disable Hey Cortana would be if there wasn't a Cortana to wake up. I mean Hey Cortana isn't part of Cortana; its pre-cortana. I would be amazed if Cortana even knew Hey Cortana existed.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I would rather wait it out for an update as of now I don't use Hey Cortana all that much but it is a feature I'd like to see. I don't want to set everything to US and then having to change it back later, and I would like to see local news and search results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro