950 XL: Wi-fi connectivity issues?

JdeFalconr

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Trying to see if anyone else sees these problems. I have both 2.4 and 5Ghz networks in my home. For whatever reason my 950 XL will connect but gets no internet access. Other devices on the same network get internet access just fine. This persists through a reboot. WPA2 security on the networks. I confirmed im getting an IP, DNS settings and everything else via DHCP as I should.

Just me, hopefully, seeing this?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Well according to the specs list, the phone does have support for this.. Might be a bug! bad one at that.. Bring the phone in for a checkup? or trade for a different one

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Well according to the specs list, the phone does have support for this.. Might be a bug! bad one at that.. Bring the phone in for a checkup? or trade for a different one

What exactly doesn't it support because based on the below specs it does support both 2.5 and 5ghz bands AC. mine also picked this up for a couple of hours now it doesn't recognize the bands for 5ghz it has to be the device and not the router.

[FONT=wf_SegoeUI]Wi-Fi: WLAN IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, MIMO, Wi-Fi call
[/FONT]
Wi-Fi security modes: EEAP-TTLS/MSCHAPv2, WPA, WEP, EAP-AKA, PEAP-MSCHAPv2, WPA2 (AES/TKIP), WPA2-Enterprise, WPA2-Personal, EAP-TLS, WPA-Enterprise, EAP-SIM, WPA-Personal

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I noticed a related issue today. I have 2.4 and 5GHz. The phone kept joining on the 2.4n network instead of the 5GHz ac even though my network is set to steer devices to 5. I turned off the 2.4 and then the phone connected just fine on 5 ac. When I turned the 2.4 back on then the phone went back to it.

LuvMeSomeWP

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a different issue. I have 2.4 and 5GHz networks, but only connected to the 5GHz. However the phone has issues where it will no longer see the 5GHz network and therefore not connect to it. The network is functioning fine and visible to all my other devices.

Workaround seems to be to toggle internet sharing on/off. Must reboot the wifi driver or something coz it will immediately find and connect to my wifi network after that.

James Maliki

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
That might be an issue on the router/IP end. My phones have been doing that where they will go in and out of connectivity, but it isn't just my phones. All my devices that are not connect to the Router get that way. ):

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
What exactly doesn't it support because based on the below specs it does support both 2.5 and 5ghz bands AC. mine also picked this up for a couple of hours now it doesn't recognize the bands for 5ghz it has to be the device and not the router.

[FONT=wf_SegoeUI]Wi-Fi: WLAN IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, MIMO, Wi-Fi call
[/FONT]
Wi-Fi security modes: EEAP-TTLS/MSCHAPv2, WPA, WEP, EAP-AKA, PEAP-MSCHAPv2, WPA2 (AES/TKIP), WPA2-Enterprise, WPA2-Personal, EAP-TLS, WPA-Enterprise, EAP-SIM, WPA-Personal

eh I never said it didn't support those :/

occamsmonkey

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Same here. 3 total networks, 2 5GHz with WPA2, 1 2.4GHz with WPA2. The 2.4 gets connectivity and works fine. The 5GHz leaves me with terrible connectivity. High pings (like 500ms on local network pings) and packet loss mean I'm stuck on the 2.4 until I can figure it out.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Same here. 3 total networks, 2 5GHz with WPA2, 1 2.4GHz with WPA2. The 2.4 gets connectivity and works fine. The 5GHz leaves me with terrible connectivity. High pings (like 500ms on local network pings) and packet loss mean I'm stuck on the 2.4 until I can figure it out.

how is the 5GHz configured? AC-only? AC-N? AC-N-A? how about channel width? Just wondering if there are specific configurations that are perhaps buggy that we can nail down as the problem children or if it's 5GHz in general.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That might be an issue on the router/IP end. My phones have been doing that where they will go in and out of connectivity, but it isn't just my phones. All my devices that are not connect to the Router get that way. ):

It is not my router I just turned on my nexus 6p and its on the 5band right now also turned on my iPhone 6plus and its also on it both phones see it just fine. My lumia saw it the first hour that it was on however now it only sees the 2.4band. Not sure why everyone keeps saying its folks routers its the phone.

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
It is not my router I just turned on my nexus 6p and its on the 5band right now also turned on my iPhone 6plus and its also on it both phones see it just fine. My lumia saw it the first hour that it was on however now it only sees the 2.4band. Not sure why everyone keeps saying its folks routers its the phone.

In my case my 1520.3 always gets the 5GHz connection as does my wife's 925. My other 5GHz capable devices are fine as well. It's only the 950XL which insists on only getting a connection on 2.4 GHz

James Maliki

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I said it was the router because honestly sometimes that's what it is for me.

On the other hand, I haven't had any trouble connecting my phone to my 5.0 ghz band.

pray4hope

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
I have an issue with wifi 5Ghz, after some minutes the device disconnects and i can't find any wifi networks. The only solution is to reboot. If i change on router from 80mhz to 20mhz it won't happen this but the device won't connect automattically after a reboot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3