Starbucks card app substitute

mdbuilder

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I've used Buckstar for quite a while on my 830 with WP 8.1, at first it had full functionality but then Starbucks cut off balance and transaction access but at least it still had the barcode to scan at the register. Alas, with my 950XL and WM 10 the app is no longer available.

Yesterday I discovered the app Loyalty Cards in the store. I entered my cards 16 digit number last night and selected "Type 39" for the barcode type, worked great at the local starbucks today :excited:

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
The mobile website is actually pretty great. You can check your balance, see offers, reload your card, and even tap the card to get a scannable barcode. Starbucks.com (just in case)

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah none of the old Starbucks apps I used to use is available. MyBucks, Starbucks Locator, etc.
I'm using my band 2 for the payment function. And also I use stocard it's similar to the one you mentioned, I wish it has cloud sync though so I don't all the card info if I format my phone or switch

gonzalu

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
This is totally crazy, now even apps that worked on my 1520 don't show up on my 950XL ? What is the deal with this? I just want a nice barcode app .. .Starbucks Finder did that well. I didn't even need to sign in to my account ... just a barcode. Why would they kill that too?

Windows keeps shooting itself in the foot instead of making things better, they make it worse? so sad :(

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
This is totally crazy, now even apps that worked on my 1520 don't show up on my 950XL ? What is the deal with this? I just want a nice barcode app .. .Starbucks Finder did that well. I didn't even need to sign in to my account ... just a barcode. Why would they kill that too?

Windows keeps shooting itself in the foot instead of making things better, they make it worse? so sad :(
I'm also waiting for Windows Central to cover why some apps that was available on older devices is not available here. Maybe they already did I missed it...

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site

Wouldn't that be more of the developers job to make sure they update their apps for W10M.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Wouldn't that be more of the developers job to make sure they update their apps for W10M.

It seems pretty clear that Starbucks had the apps pulled. There's no other reason that every single app would all of a sudden not be compatible with W10 Mobile (also, there's the fact that they're no longer available for WP8.1 either).

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I just navigate to the Starbucks webpage, go to my Starbucks Card, click the link that says pay with this card, then take a screenshot with the barcode. Then I use the Pin Pic app to pin the picture as a tile to my Start screen. Don't need internet access to pull it up.

joe_s

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
For long time WP users, you may remember the app SBUX Card. I lost access to it after a long-ago hard reset with my L920. After acquiring the L950XL, and a sweet BB deal for a 128GB microSD card, I was able to point new apps to load on the SD card, then review the My Library section in the Store. The SBUX Card app is happy to load and run from the SD card.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
His point though is still valid.. Its needs to be covered.

Agree you see apple and google get after devs to update the apps prior to the release of a new phone nexus and or iPhone next version before release especially when it comes to OS if marshmallow for android comes out you better believe the devs are instructed to update the apps or else they will not be in compliance and something with IOS every new version of IOS devs are asked to get this updated I am sure they don't want these companies dropping them from the app store for non compatibility, I could see if WM10 just came out last week and some were still getting updated however that is not the case so Microsoft is just as responsible as their devs you want your users to have a great experience not half *** so you as the OS owner would get with them prior to the launch making sure apps are up to date and compatible.

mpovolo

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Why don't you just use a wallet bar code app like Loyalty cards or Barcode wallet. Bar Code Wallet works to generate the right type of Barcode for starbucks. Loyalty Cards has a few but not the type for starbucks it seems

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro