05-21-2017 02:33 PM
160 ... 567
tools
    I suggest people who are on Windows IP look at this thread, about 15007 and reboots. I've now uninstalled Facebook and Facebook Messenger based on someone's suggestion there. And am going through the (lengthy!) background app list in System Settings and turning off stuff I don't need. We'll see.
    it worked for mine as well...
    01-18-2017 01:07 AM
    I did manage to source a replacement battery, the correct one it seems this time, on eBay. Yes, eBay again. The numbers all match up, verified with the seller. Hope its the fix, because the first one I got was not genuine and would charge slowly, then invariably drain quickly. I'll post the guys eBay info when it gets here and I test it correctly.
    If you or anyone else who manages to find a -genuine- battery would mind sharing the source, that would be great. I just received one from a high-rated seller on eBay, but when it gets down to ~50% the phone goes black. I'll try and cycle it a few more times and give it a chance, but I'm not optimistic.

Edit: the one from eBay appears to work now on the latest build, 15014. And this other one from Amazon, is an OEM with all the right markings that works well for me.
    Last edited by phelme; 01-21-2017 at 04:09 PM.
    01-18-2017 12:15 PM
    Having the same issues since the last production build. Thought initially it was the sd card, but it isn't. Think I might go back to the fast ring since I'm getting reboots anyways :| pretty frustrating
    01-23-2017 08:55 AM
    Even I was facing Random Reboot issue especially when Battery Level reaches 40%. I realized that battery was buldged out. Now I have submitted my battery for replacement as it was still under warranty.
    But I am still waiting for new battery since 13th Jan and still not replaced and b2x support team have also taken my old battery. As per them it will take another 10 days. Now I am on my Old and Broken Lumia 920 till I get my battery replaced
    01-25-2017 12:51 AM
    Had the same issues with my 950XL. So far, I have 2 suspects: the size of the battery and LTE.
    I added some paper between the battery and the back cover and set the max connection speed to 3G. So far, no restarts and no overheating (the phone is now cool as a cucumber...).
    05-10-2017 03:45 AM
    It must be the battery as I just tried a replacement battery since the .297 CU for the CrU and I was a bit taken back to see how all the talk about speed improvements were actually there in front of me but.............it then shutdown!!!!I put back in the orig and the speed boost was gone it was back to its usual self again and I'm still with the restarts and the shutdowns with this battery. Waiting on my 3rd test battery to see if 3rd time's the charm. Don't understand how a battery is so influential to an OS update that before the improvements to the OS, the battery was perfectly fine for what came as stock when the phone was bought.

Is this more evidence of MS's incompetence?
    05-12-2017 06:20 PM
    My 950 XL started random reboot after upgrade to 10.0.14393.189. Not notice any reboot before this.
    I think it's this or one just before it. I noticed these reboots and shutdowns after a particular update but can't pinpoint which.
    05-12-2017 06:27 PM
    With 157 comments and still counting in 2017, I can't help but wonder if Lumia 950s are bugged with random restarting problems.
    05-16-2017 09:04 PM
    First off, I'm new here, so please bear with me. Also, I didn't read the whole thread, so "my" solution may have been added by several people, before.
    I just wanted to say, that the "battery reboot" thing was real for me. My 950XL rebooted several times a day, depending on usage. Including on locking or unlocking, during phone calls, receiving phone calls (not answered yet). I put all apps into internal storage, switched off BT and WLAN (which is none-sense in the year 2017), did a reset/refresh, everything. I even inserted a new SD card and thought about ordering a new SIM.

Then, after receiving a "compatible" battery as MS was unable to deliver an original one, the reboots were completely gone. The old battery was indeed a very little bit bent / uneven. Almost not notifiable.

I just wanted to add that for the one user out there who - like me - just doesn't believe in a slightly bent battery looking perfectly healthy but causing a smartphone to randomly crash.
    05-17-2017 04:55 AM
    Battery is the culprit over here. Replaced the battery and now things are normal. Wondering how most people battery got ruined suddenly. Is it something to do with update ?
    05-21-2017 02:33 PM
160 ... 567