950XL Spec change, Gorilla Glass 3 now??

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed it looks like MS changed the specs to Gorilla Glass 3??
Strange, can anyone verify if the 1st wave of 950XL's were sent out with GG 3 or 4??
Buy Microsoft Lumia 950 XL ? Unlocked - Microsoft Store

it was supposed to be gorilla glass 4 for the screen not sure why its changing for the XL all of a sudden the 950 that is sold through ATT has gorilla glass 3 however the XL was supposed to be 4. Some one correct me if I am wrong.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
it was supposed to be gorilla glass 4 for the screen not sure why its changing for the XL all of a sudden the 950 that is sold through ATT has gorilla glass 3 however the XL was supposed to be 4. Some one correct me if I am wrong.

It was and it was listed as Gorilla Glass 4 before, we had a discussion on this very subject weeks ago but it seems they changed the spec since then..

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Dan at Windows Central said it's GG4 for the XL and GG3 for 950.

Via Tapatalk de mon splendide Lumia 930

Still listing the XL at Corning Gorilla Glass 3, I'm wondering if it was a supply problem or the people reporting a red shading on the lower part of the display??

Szajda78

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
In Swedish MS store is still says GG4

5,7-tums WQHD (2 560 x 1 440)
TrueColor (24-bit/16 M)
OLED, ClearBlack
518 ppi
Riktningssensor, f?rb?ttringar f?r l?sbarhet i solljus, enkel att g?ra ren, h?g ljusstyrka-l?ge, Lumia-f?rgprofil, vidvinkelsvisning, Corning Gorilla Glass 4, automatisk ljusstyrkekontroll
Superk?nslig pekfunktionalitet

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. On the Microsoft Store site it says GG3,, but on the Microsoft site, it still says GG4. Somebody from Microsoft needs to answer what it actually is. If they sold it as GG4 and delivered it with GG3, that is false advertising. It would not have changed my decision to buy it, but changing the spec after I purchased it does not make me happy if it is true.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Interesting. On the Microsoft Store site it says GG3,, but on the Microsoft site, it still says GG4. Somebody from Microsoft needs to answer what it actually is. If they sold it as GG4 and delivered it with GG3, that is false advertising. It would not have changed my decision to buy it, but changing the spec after I purchased it does not make me happy if it is true.

Agreed... After you ordered they're Flagship Phone & they swap out the display glass which is the equivalent or the same of one of their display glass of their mid-range 640XL Phones just doesn't sit right with me to be honest...

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Just another reason. Maybe Microsoft is trying to disappoint us so it can stop developing phones and focus on making profits.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Is this really a deal breaker for anyone? Any form of gorilla glass will order screen protection.

Is it honestly a big deal or are we nitpicking?

Last edited:

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Is this really a deal breaker for anyone? Any form of gorilla glass will order screen protection.

It's good honestly a big deal or are we nitpicking?

Gorilla Glass 4 is supposed to be a hair stronger but nobody can tell the difference. Actually they say it's twice as tough.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Just another reason. Maybe Microsoft is trying to disappoint us so it can stop developing phones and focus on making profits.
I hope you are only speaking for yourself. Because only you can disappoint you. If Glass 3 in the XL is a deal breaker, don't get it if you are going to be disappointed. I still suspect its a typo but either way the good news is, you get to make the call here. Problem solved.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Canadian store says Gorilla Glass 4. Anyways. The difference is really just in the thickness of the glass. You can get the same protection as gorilla glass 3 with a much thinner piece of glass.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
it doesn't matter Nexus 6P has a GG4 and it breaks with a feather! the differences are not that major, until someone challenges Gorilla Glass, the later will continue to lower the bar for what a Gorilla Glass can withstand.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism