950XL crashing during call with bluetooth enabled

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
So I had the pleasure to setup my brand new Lumia 950 XL (Single SIM unlocked, CV Germany, but provider T-Mobile DE, build 10586.0) today. After the first hours of installation I was able to actually use it and really begin to like it.

But I already came across a major issue. It might be hardware related, but I assume it is software: While making a call (even tuned down to 2G only, Wifi and NFC off, no special apps installed I suppose), the connection gets quiet within a minute or so after enabling or starting with bluetooth, and the phone reboots some seconds later. I do not even need a device to be connected, the scanning for it may be sufficient. The dialog partner sometimes also reports very bad sound quality before it happens. Is anyone else experiencing similar problems?

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Additional finding: Seems to work fine just using the Bluetooth (3.0?) headset, but as soon as there is a Bluetooth LE device paired, the reboots occur. I initially connected my Band 2 of course and got the problems. I unpaired it and could make calls. I then connected the Arc Touch Surface Mouse, which is also Bluetooth LE, and got the problems. The device does not need to be connected, just paired. I tested calling my own land line and even got the noisy transmission once.

A hard reset through the GUI did not work either. I immediately stopped automatic downloading of app updates and just let the installation settle down. I then connected the mouse and made a call, same experience as above out of the box. Unfortunately there is no recovery image yet to reflash.

Reading about similar problems around the web especially with the Lumia 925, I have the feeling that this is a software issue. However, if nobody else suffers from it, it will more likely be a hardware problem.

Hans Swolfs

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Following this topic as I'm experiencing the same thing... Will try to see what happens when my Band 2 isn't paired or BT is disabled.

Hans Swolfs

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
did a very simple test with my wife's phone (we can call unlimited to each other).
Did this test with bluetooth on (and Band 2 paired/connected) and with bluetooth disabled :
- made phonecall and just let line open
when enabled/connected reboot came after 10 seconds
when disabled, no reboot (let line open for 2 minutes or so)

Knut Olav Skare

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I have also random reboots when calling using bT connected in car. Only with outgoing calls so far. When receiving incoming call (10 min) it di not reboot. Have a 950 XL single SIM, no SD card installed.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I never restored a backup on this device. Did 2 hard resets already and several soft resets. I already tried incoming calls today, but not very long. The device did not crash! At least the calls were longer than any outgoing call with Bluetooth enabled. So that makes me hope that it may be solved with a software or firmware update.

Btw: What are your hardware revisions? I have a Single SIM rev. 4.0.1.1.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
I wonder if only the Dual SIM is 4.0.3.1 or if there are indeed newer revisions already. I also read that the reddish tint, which I also see (more a greenish tint when not looking straight onto it), was not there on some devices.

beardyboy

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I just had my 950XL crash whilst in a call using my Plantronics voyager legend blue tooth headset. It happened to a colleague of mine last week on his hands free car phone too.

Dual SIM
Version 1511
OS build 10.0.10586.0
Hardware rev: 4.0.3.1

rkacel

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
The same problem occurs with ny new 950 XL Bluetooth paired with my Ms Band 1 .
The phone call ( bluetooht or not) is stopped and the phone reboot.

regards

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Same here with 950 XL paired with the car built-in hands-free system, it crashed a few times already while in a call. Apparently the new build 10586.29 being distributed to insiders this week contains fixes for Bluetooth stability, I keep my hopes high for now.

Hans Swolfs

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Same here with 950 XL paired with the car built-in hands-free system, it crashed a few times already while in a call. Apparently the new build 10586.29 being distributed to insiders this week contains fixes for Bluetooth stability, I keep my hopes high for now.
yeah, noticed that as well and hope the same thing...

Band is pretty useless now and so is my car bt kit...

LarryE

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I use 950xl with Band2 and Bluetooth hearing aids. Also experienced the reboot a couple of times as phone call was ending. When I'm also paired with computer while making a call, it sounds like I have a bad connection (on both ends) until I shut the computer off... then sound is ok.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs