Constant reboots during phonecalls

Hans Swolfs

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
My phone reboots when I'm on the phone... I can't make a decent call without the phone rebooting...

Anybody else having this problem?

Should I try a hard reset or return the phone?

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
My phone reboots when I'm on the phone... I can't make a decent call without the phone rebooting...

Anybody else having this problem?

Should I try a hard reset or return the phone?

First, remove the SD card if you have one to eliminate that extra source of potential weirdness. Then, I would try a hard reset with no restore and see if that helps. If not, exchange the phone.

Hans Swolfs

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
First, remove the SD card if you have one to eliminate that extra source of potential weirdness. Then, I would try a hard reset with no restore and see if that helps. If not, exchange the phone.
I did remove the SD card to rule that out... haven't done a hard reset after that yet.

My phone is also rebooting during phone calls if Bluetooth is enabled and a Bluetooth LE device like the Band 2 is paired, not necessarily connected. Please see here if this could be connected: http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-950-xl/397362-950xl-crashing-during-call-bluetooth-enabled.html
it's paired and connected with a Band 2 here also... will check out that link!

cheers both for the quick replies! will report back with any news on this!

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
I did remove the SD card to rule that out... haven't done a hard reset after that yet.

it's paired and connected with a Band 2 here also... will check out that link!

cheers both for the quick replies! will report back with any news on this!

Glad, that I am not alone maybe! First simply try disabling Bluetooth. But beware, sometimes it already seems to be messed up, so better reboot.

I did multiple hard resets which did not help. Reflashing is not yet possible, unfortunately.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
My phone is also rebooting during phone calls if Bluetooth is enabled and a Bluetooth LE device like the Band 2 is paired, not necessarily connected. Please see here if this could be connected: http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-950-xl/397362-950xl-crashing-during-call-bluetooth-enabled.html

I'll monitor this over the next week. I have had no reboot issues with phone calls or on bluetooth but I hadn't paired my band to it yet. I do have a band 1 though.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
I'll monitor this over the next week. I have had no reboot issues with phone calls or on bluetooth but I hadn't paired my band to it yet. I do have a band 1 though.

Can't wait to read your findings! ;) The problems also exist when I pair my Arc Touch Surface Mouse, which is also Bluetooth LE, but if I just use my headsets, everything is fine.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Can't wait to read your findings! ;) The problems also exist when I pair my Arc Touch Surface Mouse, which is also Bluetooth LE, but if I just use my headsets, everything is fine.

Interesting for sure. I normally use my band 1 all day, just dont sleep with it and the bluetooth in the car. I'll make sure to try a few calls from the car this week as well.

Hans Swolfs

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
did a very simple test with my wife's phone (we can call unlimited to each other).
Did this test with bluetooth on (and Band 2 paired/connected) and with bluetooth disabled :
- made phonecall and just let line open
when enabled/connected reboot came after 10 seconds
when disabled, no reboot (let line open for 2 minutes or so)

hyperexpert

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Weird! I have my Band 2 paired all the time and I actually talked on the phone quite a lot. Some calls lasted more than an hour too. Not a single reboot! I DONT have SD card installed and only 1 sim. The second sim slot is empty.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Weird! I have my Band 2 paired all the time and I actually talked on the phone quite a lot. Some calls lasted more than an hour too. Not a single reboot! I DONT have SD card installed and only 1 sim. The second sim slot is empty.

I removed the SD card, no change. I have the Single SIM model.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
This time the phone rebooted after I tried to turn Wifi off. I just left home and tried to check the departure time of the bus, and as my Wifi was still connected but out of range, I wanted to switch to cell data and... black screen, thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb