Customization bugs anyone?

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Please correct if I'm wrong but should the text "bubbles" in the messaging app not change based on your color theme selected in personalisation? If I select blue the text chats show up as grey squares. I select red, they show up as grey. Purple.. it's still grey. Reboot same. Doesn't matter what I do. On my 1520 they would adjust to match the color theme you selected.

Also, custom ringtones? Working no problem. Custom ringtones for individual contacts? Yup also working. Custom text sounds for individuals.. nope not working. Shows the one I selected but everyone's texts still use the global sound effect chosen. If I try to scroll through the sounds for a text it crashes to start menu 75% of the time.

These bugs are starting to get annoying. And these are just a few I've come across. Live tiles breaking or just going blank from time to time.. WiFi breaking on 5Ghz.. Some games and apps crashing and no longer usable on Win10 (GTA San Andreas).. No sim randomly showing in messaging and I have to re-select it.. Display settings not sticking.. Uninstalling an app, still shows as installed.. Jeez. I'm literally rebooting my phone at least 10 times a day to fix little things. And this was even after a hard reset believe it or not.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Please correct if I'm wrong but should the text "bubbles" in the messaging app not change based on your color theme selected in personalisation? If I select blue the text chats show up as grey squares. I select red, they show up as grey. Purple.. it's still grey. Reboot same. Doesn't matter what I do. On my 1520 they would adjust to match the color theme you selected.

Also, custom ringtones? Working no problem. Custom ringtones for individual contacts? Yup also working. Custom text sounds for individuals.. nope not working. Shows the one I selected but everyone's texts still use the global sound effect chosen. If I try to scroll through the sounds for a text it crashes to start menu 75% of the time.

These bugs are starting to get annoying. And these are just a few I've come across. Live tiles breaking or just going blank from time to time.. WiFi breaking on 5Ghz.. Some games and apps crashing and no longer usable on Win10 (GTA San Andreas).. No sim randomly showing in messaging and I have to re-select it.. Display settings not sticking.. Uninstalling an app, still shows as installed.. Jeez. I'm literally rebooting my phone at least 10 times a day to fix little things. And this was even after a hard reset believe it or not.

Many of us feel your pain. Windows 10 mobile has a lot of work yet to be done to be as smooth as 8.1, so the decision is put up with the issues or return it and move to something else.

I have the custom text issue like you. The funniest crash i get is setting the privacy of who can use my messaging app, each flick of the off/on switch crashes it to the start menu. At least it changes my switch.

What is your wifi doing? I have no issues on my 5ghz with an Asus router.

Also, have you tried a hard reset? Some have seen issues cleared up going this route.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Actually the one customization bug/annoyance that I have run into is the fact that choosing 'set as background' on a picture will show it as full screen background, rather than as tile background. So if you want to try out a bunch of different tile backgrounds you end up having to un-toggle and retoggle the 'tile background' option after each picture change. :mad:

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Hard reset was done. And my WiFi issues are the same as others here. WiFi disconnects from 5ghz after some time automatically. Then the connect can no longer be found in available WiFi connections. I have to reconnect to my 2.4ghz connection only or do a reboot to reconnect to the 5ghz connection.

scuba_one

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Ok its been almost a year now, and I'm due for a new phone. Is Microsoft even working on a fix for this problem. My 1520 died on me 2 month ago and I was forced into a 950 and it is making me think I need too go to an Iphone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes