950xl reboot problems?

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else's device getting hot when charging? or randomly rebooting?
I have done power downs, reboots, I am now trying a full phone reset to see if that fixes the issue.

mtlmike

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, spontaneous reboots and never-ending reboot cycles. Solved it (I hope) by removing the SD card. Major problems with SD card.

taphius

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Mine reset when doing burst shots (3 times total). I'll be doing a third reset and starting fresh to see if it fixes some of my issues before I contemplate returning it.

banker1985

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Mine doesn't reboot, it simply shuts down. Plugging it in doesn't even turn it on. The power button will allow it to turn back on, however. The last few times, it acts like the battery is at 0, giving me a dead battery display. The last time I removed the battery and it started back up just fine. Odd.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had lots of issues with a Micro SD on my previous 640, not reboots, but lots of issues. I replaced it with a Samsung micro SD, and it fixed it. So I put a Samsung Pro micro SD in my 950XL, just to play it safe, and I have not had issues that I am aware of.

abyssartsstudio

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I post this on some one else post, so that I want have to retype I will just copy and paste it here again. This is sad man.

I think I got a bad one out of the batch, my phone got super hot, die in 30 minutes, reboot over 20 time in the first to two hours, it froze up when I use the camera, and froze up after selecting my music on my sc card. This was the worst phone experience I ever had, and it took all day to get microsoft to help me out, they have the worst customer service ever. The microsoft stores and the online is not even connected. If you buy it out of the store you can not send it back or call microsoft. You got to find a store to take it back and they act like they didn't want to held. When they finally said that they will replace the phone , they made me pay for the ship and refused to help with the shipping. This is crazy, I never knew Microsoft was this bad, I think I may even go Mac with my home computer and get rid of windows. Steve Jobs was right the whole time, Microsoft is garbage. Point blank. I was the the biggest user. Its like finding out superman is not really super but weak. I was really pulling for Microsoft to knock everybody off the block, but they where very disrespectful to loyal fan by putting out this crap uncompleted.I even drove 2 hours to the next city to get my 950lx, so thats 4 hours their and back.I did the same thing to reserve it because they where out of 950xl online but they just would not help me. TAKE IT BACK IF YOU CAN. but if you do I hope that a update will help those who my keep it.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
This time the phone rebooted after I tried to turn Wifi off. I just left home and tried to check the departure time of the bus, and as my Wifi was still connected but out of range, I wanted to switch to cell data and... black screen, thank you!

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I did a full phone restore, haven't had an issue yet. On another positive note after years of trying skype for business works now on my windows phone and got the dual sim up and running

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
One of the things I noticed, it appeared to crash more at home when connected with my wireless ac but more stable on my wireless n network. Anyone notice this?

anon(9140902)

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
anyone with rebooting problems, did you restore from a previous backup or start fresh?

I restored from a backup at first, and the reboots started for a few days. Then I restored and started fresh, no more reboots.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss