950xl - When will update happen?

d33pth0u9ht

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Given the number of issues at launch I find myself wondering when the first OS update will happen? Given the number of dissatisfied customers, MS better hurry before the returns come streaming in...

Predictions on when we will see the first update?

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Given the number of issues at launch I find myself wondering when the first OS update will happen? Given the number of dissatisfied customers, MS better hurry before the returns come streaming in...

Predictions on when we will see the first update?
2 weeks insider, 4-6 weeks att

d33pth0u9ht

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, I just looked at the Insider page and the 950/950XL are not supported by the Insider Program yet.

Hope that changes soon!

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
My bet is early next year (February/March) for most major issues to be resolved after multiple updates... not just one.

Jon_Rubinstein

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Always the same story....since windows mobile 5.0 we are saying that in the future things will get resolved.....i just don't believe it anymore...

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's fairly simple.

App updates happen when they happen. As we've seen, much of the core functionality is app based, so can be updated with a good rate of change
OS update happens whenever Gabe presses the red button
There's probably going to be a firmware update at some point soon to restore double-tap to wake etc.

Jayddo

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I haven't had any issue whatsoever so far with my 950 XL, nor for the past month of insider preview with my 930 on fast ring (admittedly it was not really polished/fast before that).

Bugs and little things here and there are bound to be there, but they're also minor annoyances, so I honestly am starting to believe the average microsoft fan just likes to cry and be disappointed when there is no reason to.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Well I wouldn't call it crying when you have basic features that work on your Win8.1 phone that don't work at all. Personally, I was shocked at how buggy my 950XL was. Sure, Win10 Mobile is still almost Beta (though they say it's RTM) but I've encountered tons of bugs. Whether they are small are not is irrelevant to me because if I'm having to reset my phone 5+ times a day that's an issue. Some people may be having no issues and that's great if that's true. I wish I was one of those people. I'm also one of those people that owned a buttery smooth 1520 and learned on my own I needed to do a hard reset of my 950XL after upgrading before people were advising. Doing a hard reset on a brand new phone after day 2 blew my mind. So my own experience hasn't been flawless like some others to say the least.

I experience, app crashes regularly. I still see some apps opening or performing slowly. Some games I paid a few bucks for don't even work (GTA). I see bugs regularly when customizing things from my start menu to custom sound notifications. I get blank tiles, I get dropped 5ghz wifi signals. I've had complete phone lock ups a few times. My DT-903 settings keep resetting. I can keep going. Yes, a few random bugs are normal on a new phone but I find this OS to be much further from RTM than they would like us to believe. So I for one would rather see a big bug fix update this year and not 4 months from now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3