950 XL spare battery

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I haven't found a 950 XL battery. I am looking for a spare battery or two. Has anyone found one that is available?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Bump, I have checked out Amazon, eBay, MS store, and wc, any help, battery life sucks on this phone

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I find it absolutely ridiculous that part of the new phones marketing is the removable battery, but there are no options to purchase a spare battery even from the Microsoft store. Sorry but who ever is in charge of organising and placement of stock at Microsoft need to be sacked.

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Look, even if you found a spare battery (and I'm sure it will be released, this phone is literally 2.5 weeks old), how would you charge it? Have a spare 950XL lying around? I'm not trying to be flip, but I realized the same thing with the 830. It's great having a removable battery but without an external charger all it means is that when your battery finally dies you can replace it without needing to get a new phone.

Mark Morales

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Look, even if you found a spare battery (and I'm sure it will be released, this phone is literally 2.5 weeks old), how would you charge it? Have a spare 950XL lying around? I'm not trying to be flip, but I realized the same thing with the 830. It's great having a removable battery but without an external charger all it means is that when your battery finally dies you can replace it without needing to get a new phone.

You would buy a battery and charger like you could in the good old days.

Like this extended battery / back cover / charger they sold for the HD7...

2800mAh Extended Battery for HTC HD3 HTC HD7 Black Cover Dock Charger | eBay

Hopefully someone in HK starts selling an 8000 mAh battery and back cover to fit it and an external charging dook to boot for the 950XL.

Last edited:

occamsmonkey

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

You are aware you can take the battery out when it's fully charged right? You don't need to wait until it's discharged to remove it. I mean, I get what you're saying, but I used to do this with my old LG flip phone, which had no options for external charging. You charge battery 1 to full, remove it, place in battery 2 and charge it, then keep battery 1 available for emergency swap outs. It's not optimal, but it's exactly the scenario I find myself in. I normally don't need two batteries. But having a charged spare is useful maybe 1 day a month. So this isn't a far fetched scenario and would be more beneficial than annoying. I know for most people an external charger would be great, but I could get by just having access to another battery.

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't think anyone makes those external chargers anymore, but if you can find one, great. In the meantime, if the need is so infrequent, an external battery pack might be the way to go. It's certainly not as convenient but better than having your phone die.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
If we need to carry an external battery around you effectively defeat the purpose of the removable battery. This also would mean having a small bag to carry the cable and external battery something I have been doing for the last few years to charge my phone and 8 in tablet should it run out of power. With the 950XL I would just need to slip the spare battery in my pocket. This would be way better then having to carry the extra bag. Also when it comes to charging wish Microsoft made the charger with a removable USB 3 cable not the fixed version they are supplying. We are now forced to purchase an extra cable if we want to charge the phone from any other sources other then a power point.:/

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Good to here there is an extra cable in the box my phone has been sitting at my in-laws in Australia for the last 5 days looking forward to unboxing it When I arrive back in Australia on Friday.

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Bump, I have checked out Amazon, eBay, MS store, and wc, any help, battery life sucks on this phone

I'd say tweak your setup because battery life is pretty dang good on this phone if done right.

I take mine of the charger at 7am and it does not go back on until 11pm. Have yet to kill the battery even playing games and watching videos.

Keys:
Unlink your im and skype clients.
Disable "Hey Cortana"
Turn off Windows Hello

Those 3 things make the biggest difference of anything else you could do.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
fonejoy.com sells legit, authentic parts for this phone. Including the back covers (I bought a spare black and a white) and battery. I've bought many Lumia replacements parts from them over the years and can attest to their authenticity. Located in UK, I've shipped to US using 'standard' shipping and received in less than a week.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3