Anyone found where to order a spare battery for the 950XL?

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine arrived via FedEx, 42 Eu, on the doorstep, about a month ago. While not cheap, it's not outrageous either, IME.

-pete

TheLastESPADA

May 13, 2014
Visit site
ive been looking lately after my phone died out of state at an event.. cant find anything. I guess bringing our usb cord and power bank is a must.

XT14N

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I spoke with a Microsoft rep through the Microsoft Store website and he suggested that I go to the physical store to get a spare battery. Have you tried that?

Update: Contacted the Microsoft Store (US) and they stated that the spare battery for the Lumia 950 XL costs $35. For spare cords, the store said that they didn't have any spare ones as of right now and they wouldn't know when they'll be in-stock. The USB cords I'm referring to are the ones that come with the phone.

Exup

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I bought mine from Amazon.de 26€... a bargain!!

To be honest, I won't need it, but it's just in case the original battery dies permanently in 6months from now and I need a new one quickly.

markeboyle

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I tried but it won't let me ship it to USA. Maybe it'll come here soon.....

Dieser Artikel kann nicht an die ausgew?hlte Adresse versandt werden. Erfahren Sie mehr. Sie k?nnen entweder die Lieferadresse ?ndern oder den Artikel aus Ihrer Bestellung l?schen. Sie k?nnen auch sehen, ob dieser Artikel f?r den Versand an Ihre Adresse ?ber einen anderen H?ndler verf?gbar ist.

markeboyle

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
LOL. No the Microsoft Store doesn't have them. They have never had them in stock. I live near the downtown Chicago store and ask regularly. It's met with profound apologies but no action is ever taken.

RonnieJP

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
How are people going to charge their spare battery?
Excellent point! I remember when I had my old Motorola Razr V3, they used to make a wall charger that the spare battery snapped into. So, the spare was always charged and ready to go; just swap it with the one in the phone when needed. I think Samsung had the same type of system with their old Galaxy S5 that still had a removable battery. But, without such a charger, the whole point of a replaceable battery is kind of useless until the original fails to charge anymore, and that will typically take years (unless it's actually defective).

Y C Neo

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Via some universal battery chargers that can be bought on aliexpress for a few Euros. They r universal because the charging pins and the battery space can easily be set so the battery stays in the place.

Hi, do you have the link to the universal charger that is guarantee working? Many of these charger support 3.7v DC, but 950 XL battery is 3.85v , further more, the battery contact may not be compatible also.

WP_20160425_07_45_30_Rich_LI.jpg

Capture.PNG

Y C Neo

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Is it original battery?

If the battery is exactly like the given picture, then I would think it is not original.

1) missing "Microsoft" logo at the rear side of the battery (the side with just the wording "TYPICAL 3340mAh")
2) the manufacturing date "2015/03/25" ??
3) the label "LGC_BV-T4D_Phone Program_V3.0". Here should be 3 sets of 7 digits serial number (separated by semi-colon).

Luciano Coppola

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if anyone is still looking but I just got off the phone to the Lumia tech support on http://support.b2x.com and they have advised me that batteries for the 950XL will be for sale on the Microsoft Store from March 2017. I am assuming it included the UK, I forgot to ask.