Bluetooth issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muness

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My band 2 has lots of issues: Can hardly use media control, reply to text or use Cortana from it. Likewise Bluetooth to use Cortana is useless. Otherwise, including streaming music to 3 car systems, several earphones, headphones, speakers working just fine.

I hope the band/Cortana features are fixed soon, I really miss them.

Marcoinasia

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Same here. Seems to also have issues swapping between a cabled headset/headphones and the headset. Am using Plantronics voyager legen on 950 dual sim on .29

mutant 9

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
anyone with the new firmware update still having Bluetooth issues.

I don't have the new firmware yet as im in the US and on OS build .29 and Bluetooth is not reliable. frequently drops then reconnects both on my car and my JBL PowerUp speaker. both of which work flawlessly with my 8.1 phones.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
my 950XL is working amazing and all my BT is working perfectly such as Band 2, Jabra ear piece, JBL charge 2 speakers, and MS wireless BT mouse and KB... if it helps I'm on update .36

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Bluetooth is horrible. I think they used a 3.0 stack...when it needs 4.1

Band 2 voice replies never work because Bluetooth is so flaky.

nadroj915

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Bluetooth connection to my macbook pro (OSX el capitan) sucks big time! I can send files from my computer to phone, but not from phone to computer. Not sure what the deal is. I'm also not sure if this is an issue with the device, a WP10 issue, or an issue with the Mac OS. Any other Mac users out there having this trouble??

djncanada1

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a Plantronics Savi 740 that Lumia shows connected, however, it does not connect to incoming or outgoing calls.

It is intermittent which is even more frustrating.

I have not tested Bluetooth streaming from car audio system, I know I can stream with iPhone 6SPlus Spotify, will try 950 XL.

I have .29 update and Microsoft store swapped out unit once.

I still think Bluetooth, the daily or multiple daily reboots and battery are all software issues... think Microsoft needs a rockstar VP like Panos to take over the software side to have a rock solid OS.

I feel sorry for Microsoft in some way, I think they really want to sell their ecosystem to CIO's, including cloud, device and such, any smart CIO would throw MS rep out of the door if they showed off 950XL as finished product.

Vision is there..execution is lacking on Windows 10 Phone OS!!!

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
My 950XL is disconnecting from by BT headset everyday at least once, usually in the middle of the call, so it quite sucks. The headset is ok, it works perfectly with 930 on win10 DP.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
.29 is worse, now it won't even see my car's bluetooth.

My 920 with w10insider .29 connected fine.

After the Microsoftmdg firmware, I can now connect the 950XL to my old car BT :D now need a long drive and see about these disconnect issues, but I've done internet radio streaming over BT on rentals cars before (early Dec) no problem with the 950XL.

iPone

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
I have the latest update, the Bluetooth service appears to crash when making calls. The worst part is that you are unable to disable the bluetooth option in the call so there is no way to continue the call.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
funny I can disconnect (and have) when I'm in a call... just press either the speaker or press the Bluetooth to disable...

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
It's not the device it's windows 10, I had lots of Bluetooth and contana issues with connection to my car radio, yet once I rolled back to 8.1 everything works perfectly again.

Karim Davis

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my car Bluetooth on the 950xl. The car and phone will say its connected, but when I go to make or take a call 90% of the time I have to turn on the phone speaker, since the audio won't be through the car.

And don't even get me started on the text message thing. I can hear my phone quietly asking if I want to "read it or ignore" but the sound and the mic are not coming through car audio, so I have to hunt for my phone in the dash or just be driven crazy by the repeating question, over and over again.

muness

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
After the firmware update my bt issues appear mostly gone: I can now usually use media controls and keyboard input from my band 2, and I haven't had to re-pair a headset because it just won't connect as I had to do once in a while. 950XL, .36 OS update and .27 firmware.

lankylars

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
The main issue I have observed with BT relates to Cortana and reading messages. Cortana will pause audio play correctly; however, whether or not I interact with my device to hear/reply to a message, BT audio will not unpause. Quite frustrating. Just got new firmware but haven't tested BT interactions on it. I am assuming that this is an OS issue and not hardware related.

mutant 9

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
So once I saw there was more inventory available I hit my local MS store and switched out the device.installed to latest OS and firmware (not insider) and did a hard reset then restored from backup. So far the new device is working like a champ. Let's hope it stays that way.

petrmahdal

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn?t say so, it must be related to OS and HW/Firmware as I was running Win 10 on Lumia 930 without such issues. No I?m using 950XL and using BT in the car is a nightmare. Hope they fix it till end of January otherwise I?m sending the device back and going to buy an iPhone because without this functionality phone is useless for a business use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle