Bluetooth issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nischi85

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had any Bluetooth related problems with the build shipped with 950/XL?
I'm often running into problems while trying to listen to my podcasts in the car. Tried a few different apps, but all of them seem to act strange every now and then.
Play/Pause commands seems to get stuck or lost.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I can't connect my 950xl to a car with 2006 handsfreelink :( My 930 was fine.... should try it with upgraded to w10 to see if it's related to that.

Bob Domico

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
In my car, I'll be listening to music with my phone and the Bluetooth will drop randomly every few minutes and then reconnect. I tried it at home with a Bluetooth speaker and it didn't drop. I had a Lumia 928 and it never dropped in my car.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I had problems with my 1520 until .29 update. my 950XL has BT problems, but i rekon the .29 update will correct the issue

Marsiss Tian

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Bluetooth connection between my car and 950 xl is fine, although it need less than a minute to catch up every time when I start my car.

greynightshirt

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the phone or rather W10m often doesn't recognize already paired devices. Sometimes it's enough to tap on the device in Bluetooth settings, other times I have to un-pair and repair again. Bluetooth's quite a hassle at the moment. I haven't tried it in the car yet.

WyrdWolf

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I have the same, mostly with my car BT. I will cut in and out while music is playing. I haven't tried with BT calling or with a head set

Hoku001

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm having nothing but trouble with all my Bluetooth equipment since switching to the 950. It really sucks.

many times I can't connect to my car or headphones. Worse, my phone will SAY it's connected but it' not. I have been having to unpair, reboot the phone, and re-pair to get things working.

And yes, I have updated to the lastest .29 update.

Im thinking the Bluetooth problem is more of a windows 10 thing and not so much a 950 thing. It's really frustrating that something so basic has to ruin the experience. Especially since I have enjoyed reliable Bluetooth with WP8.1.

petrmahdal

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
having the same issue even after upgrade to build 10586.29.
On previous build the device has been restarting when on bluetooth for instance in the car. On this new build device ins?t restarting but disconnecting/re-connecting during calls using bluetooth in the car. There were no issues with my Lumia 930 even running insider program builds.
It?s very obstructive and frustrating. I have tried to play with configuration of the bluetooth both in the car and in the phone without any improvement.
Any tips how to work-around the issue or only option is to wait once Microsoft sort this out?

pauliharman

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm sending my 950XL back to Amazon - bluetooth isn't working at all for me, it couldn't find anything to pair with. Microsoft Band is essential for me to know when my phone is ringing. Hoping the replacement works better.

A_Pieman

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I deleted the band from the health app on my previous phone before I could add it to the 950xl. It has linked ok and syncs across, but the Bluetooth symbol on the band doesn't ever light up as connected...

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
My band seems to get all notifications, even though the BT symbol is rarely lit. It's almost as if they are pushed to the band from my phone!

I re-paired both the other day and the BT symbol stayed connected all day. But it's now back to not showing as paired on my XL or Band, but i'm certainly getting everything through [emails and notifications, rarely get calls unless i'm in trouble with the Wife................]

Connect to my BMW X1 no problems, and i would say the music connection is better than 8.1 on my Lumia 930. Touch wood.

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Don't really use those features. Cortana doesn't work, says i near to be nearer phone and have BT on.

So there is an issue of it not been constantly connected, but it does seem to push the notifications through fine. Odd.

Hoku001

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
My Band2 connects via BT to my 950, ok...in fact when you open MS Health it syncs very fast compared to my 1020.

But functions like the voice replies to text messages via Cortana, or using the Band keyboard, don't work at all.

Bob Domico

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
My Bluetooth is now working perfectly. I noticed every time my car said it lost connection to my phone, my phone was trying to connect to some random wifi that it found while I was driving. I tried turning off wifi. Now I never have a problem. I am not sure why those 2 things are related, but it worked.

Neil Katz

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
It probably is a WP 10 thing. With my Insider Lumia 640, I have to manually start my Groove app when I start my car for the first time each day. Same if I change the default to Pandora. In 8.1, when I started the car, my phone started X-Box Music and immediately started playing. Since I have the problem with two apps, it would seem to be in the O/S Bluetooth connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720