Tempered Glass for the 950xl

Simon Hefford

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi and please excuse me if this post has been covered but I could not find anything in the accessories thread.

Has anyone bought any yet and found one that is not lifting in the corners?
I have read many reviews of some of Amazon and the like but all have had bad reviews, either for lifting in the corners or covering up the proximity sensor by not have a cut out made in the glass!
I was hoping to find one by the company 'Ankor' which supplied one for my iPad and it's quality is top notch but sadly they have none in the market.

I would appreciate anyone who has bought and used on of these on there phone to comment and maybe post pictures.

Why have I got to this question, well I bought a Skinomi skin for my 930 and that was brilliant so I tried it on the 950xl and initially it was ok until I fitted my TUDIA rubber case, which fits great BUT it pushes the edges of the screen skin up and has wrinkled it all around :(

So the two products alone are great but together I have encountered an issue, yes yes I know what you might say but I'm not risking my phone not being in a case, I did not realise the glass on this phone was going to be so exposed unlike the 930!

So any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Btw I'm a noob to this forum so be nice and to add a twist, I work for Apple but I'm not a zombie , I own an iMac, iPad, Surface RT (yea thanks for that dead end MS) and my 930 and 950, I love all forms of tech and find both operating systems a joy to use for various functions, so anyone interested in MS\Apple battles, your wasted on me.

Happy Christmas everyone, now find me a decent tempered glass :eek:rly:

Regards Simon

revolvet

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
It seems that all tempered glass screen for Lumia 950 XL can't adhere perfectly. I'm curious if it's Lumia screen defect or not.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey Simon,

I bought this glass protector for my 950XL:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3350051

Then I bought this case:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3350051

I too had read the reviews but bought the screen protector based on the 4.4 rating. Then after I had received the protector noticed the reviews with the lifting issue. I dreaded the lifting outcome but since I had it in hand I said mind as well install it and see what gives. My protector installed just fine. After gentle squeeging, no visible lift anywhere at all. Then I installed the case and as I pushed the case onto the body, the upper left edge of the case lifted the protector in that corner. Oh-oh, I said, not good. But then, squelching panic, I gently lifted the edges of the case back over all the glass edges all around the body and the protector resealed itself. So the top edge of the case ends up holding down the protector edge and keeps the edge from getting caught and lifted. It looks great and seems to work fine. I put the phone in and out of the Nite Ize X-Large holster and since the holster is tight, there's a fair amount of drag going in and out and the case edge is getting a workout. I've had the glass on for about 3 days so it's working so far and I'm pleased with the results. HTH!

Bob

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I bought a tempered glass screen protector, it has some cut outs to the right of the speaker, but oddly it still appears to hamper the proximity sensor. It is also lifted on one corner. So frustrating.

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I tried the 9H protector from "Tru" on Amazon, but that's pretty much garbage. It's got a good feel, but unfortunately like so many other glass protectors, the adhesive near the edges sucks and it lifts up. The first day, it wasn't bad and not really in the area of the screen, so it didn't really bother me so much, but after the second day, it's lifted up about 25% all around, so it's visible in the screen. Definitely not acceptable. Curiously, the seller no longer offers the protector for the 950xl, only the 950.

I'm going to try the "Mr. Shield" next to see if that's any better.

Simon Hefford

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for all your replies, appreciate the links Bob, today I had to rip off the Skinomi skin as the TUDIA case which btw is a great fit, kept peeling the edge of the skin and ruined the look of the phone.

So today I ordered this tempered glass :

(Link not allowed until 10 posts made))

And I shall be fitting it with the

TUDIA case, I will let you all know how the case fits with the glass and whether it's a go to a no.

It may be the phone has to always sit in the TUDIA case which will be annoying as I have the leather back case on its way from mozo and would like that on show and also a handmade leather slip case to pop it all into, hmmmm. I can see that I'm going to have to go with no protector possibly, time will tell.

Simon Hefford

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I actually thought their would be more interest in this subject than shown here, there must be many many folks who are heading down the same route.

Anyway I'd thought I'd update, my tempered glass arrived today and it seemed pretty good during install until the top left corner started to lift, the edges around the phone are almost perfect for the most part but the photo shows the issue here!

Whether this is due to slight screen curvature or lack of glue on the protectors edge I do not know, I can no longer use the TUDIA case for the phone as it catches the sides of the protector and pulls up the edges!!!! Annoying.

But anyway I'll keep updating this thread for now, I intend on contacting the company to explain the issue and go from there.

I expect the lifting corner will gather dust at some point, we shall see.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
This is a Supershieldz protector. Here's the lift in the corner and on the left side after 5 days with the Cimo Premium case. Still acceptable to me so far:
Lumia950XL_Lift_S29391.JPG

Last edited:

jazzedmurf

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Check out the other tempered glass thread for other brands people have tried. I've tried Incipio and StilGut so far with little success--both lifted on all four corners.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Theres no defect with the screen or weird angled edges. It's simply a case of crappy made screen protectors. I've purchased the one from Tudia and Fosmon on Amazon (tried the Fosmon for giggles after having to get replacement for first phone). They've both sealed perfectly. There may be some small bubbles around an edge or two at first. But just apply some constant pressure and massage it out til it's gone and stuck on well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3