Open Edge tabs are draining your battery. 950/XL

DoctorJ2786

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
A few days ago I noticed that my battery was draining quite rapidly and I could not figure out why. After doing a standard reset and then a soft reset I found my issue to be unresolved. So I looked at my battery manager and noticed that Edge was consuming more battery than the rest of my apps. So I open up Edge and pressed the tabs button and behold there were about 20-30 tabs running in Edge. It seems that every time you tap a link or do a new search Edge opens a new tab and never closes them. I selected the close all tabs option and I immediately saw a difference in performance. If any of you are experiencing issues with battery life check and make sure you don't have several open tabs in Edge running in the background.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Agreed on this. There needs to be a "close all tabs" option. I found over 30 open tabs consuming battery. Apparently they never close! Another good tip is to turn off Page Prediction in Advanced Settings within Edge Settings.

snoopy1492

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Agreed on this. There needs to be a "close all tabs" option. I found over 30 open tabs consuming battery. Apparently they never close! Another good tip is to turn off Page Prediction in Advanced Settings within Edge Settings.

Click on the tabs icon, then on the three dots (lower right), and then on "Close all tabs"
Voil?! :)

schmak01

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Click on the tabs icon, then on the three dots (lower right), and then on "Close all tabs"
Voil?! :)

BTW This ONLY works for the tabs that are showing, you will have to do it several times to close all the tabs. They really need to close all tabs when you close the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro