Second SIM showing data usage when no sim card is installed

Uncled1023

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
So this is a two-fold issue. The first and most major is that my second SIM card is showing that it has data usage (by an assortment of apps, and mainly System). This is viewable via the Data Usage in settings. I wouldn't normally care too much as long as the SIM 1 data usage is accurate.

The second issue stems from this. I have it set as a metered connection and the correct values set for data allowance, etc. It is still showing data available, with about 250MB still left (out of 2GB). Every time I enter or leave a WIFI network (or it detects a wifi network for auto-connect), I am getting a notification saying that I have used more data than I have allotted. Then when I go to the data usage, it shows that I still have data. Now, the SIM 2 is also showing data, which when added to the SIM 1, would put it over my allotted.

So a couple things:

1. SIM 2 is showing data usage even without SIM card
  2. 'You've reached your data limit' notification keeps popping up even though I have data left
  3. Data Usage metered connection not showing total usage for both SIM within metered usage even though it's generating it's message based on that.

Any thoughts on how I could solve this issue? Or anyone else also experiencing it? It is pretty annoying getting that notification all the time, especially since it's a system notification and I like having those set to sound. Also, I can't have 'restrict data usage on overage' turned on due to this bug.

Thanks!

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have a 950 dual SIM unlocked and for what it's worth, Data Usage reports almost a half gig of data over the last month for SIM 2. However, I have only SIM1 occupied. SIM1 reports data use consistent with my carrier. So, not much help but it may not really be using any data.

Uncled1023

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a 950 dual SIM unlocked and for what it's worth, Data Usage reports almost a half gig of data over the last month for SIM 2. However, I have only SIM1 occupied. SIM1 reports data use consistent with my carrier. So, not much help but it may not really be using any data.
Yea, my SIM 1 data is the same as my carrier says it is. Just annoying to keep getting that 'Ran out of Data' notification all the time, and not being able to use the 'restrict data usage on overage' feature.

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
After reading an article on Thurott.com & its accompanying comments about mystery data useage I discovered my 950XL also shows 63.7MB of data on SIM 2 but no such SIM has been installed in slot 2. Cripes, this Lumia 950 XL purchase decision is getting worse by the day!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon