Rogers vs Videotron

fgaucher

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I have a 950 xl dual sim on Rogers network. Even if in settings I can choose between 4g, 3g, 2g, I can get LTE. I saw it because of a L letter showing just beside the 2nd sim icon.

Tonight I went to a Videotron store to test my phone on their network. Videotron made an agreement with Rogers to share the same network for 20 years. On GSMarena website, my phone specs shows that it support 1700/2100 band that Videotron need.

So the clerk put his videotron SIM in my phone in place of my SIM. Restart my phone and never be able to get LTE. In fact the icon was cycling between E,3G, H+. Even lost of network. We checked the APN settings with the technical support and everything was ok.

So why does it happen ? On paper the lumia 950 xl has everything to be compatible with every network.

When he install his SIM back in his nexus 5 phone, he got full LTE, 5 bars, steady.

And the maximum speed I got on Rogers is 48 mb/s

You are more than welcome if you have any idea on this.

Thanks

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
videotron's network is horrible, I always got dropped calls or no calls at all when people DID call, hardly LTE spots, and worse MMS never worked on my Windows phones.. I just eventually got fed up and when to Koodo and so far knock on wood I couldn't be happier... my advice is stay away from videotron...

goodbytes

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Now you tell me. I have just received my Lumia 950 XL, and my company plan is with Videotron.
I need to go to Videotron to get a Nano SIM card from them, as my current one micro.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon