Background downloads?

Tom Westrick

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I primarily use Android for my mobile needs (phone/car/tablet), but I like to try other things. For example, around this time last year I tried the iPhone 6 Plus to see how I liked it. This past December, I gave the Lumia 950 XL a try. I used a Blu Win JR in late 2014, and wanted to see how a Windows flagship felt.

As I'm sure most folks in the forums are aware, Windows 10 Mobile has had some bugs. For me, nothing would download in the background. When I was downloading all my apps from the store, I had to remain on the download page with the screen on for my apps to download. When I was trying to download my music from OneDrive to Groove Music, I plugged the phone in for the night, made sure I was connected to my home Wi-Fi, and started the download and went to sleep. I woke up the next morning and not a single song had downloaded.

I took the phone back the next day and got a refund. Was this a problem with my specific phone, or a problem with W10M in general? Any help is appreciated.

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I primarily use Android for my mobile needs (phone/car/tablet), but I like to try other things. For example, around this time last year I tried the iPhone 6 Plus to see how I liked it. This past December, I gave the Lumia 950 XL a try. I used a Blu Win JR in late 2014, and wanted to see how a Windows flagship felt.

As I'm sure most folks in the forums are aware, Windows 10 Mobile has had some bugs. For me, nothing would download in the background. When I was downloading all my apps from the store, I had to remain on the download page with the screen on for my apps to download. When I was trying to download my music from OneDrive to Groove Music, I plugged the phone in for the night, made sure I was connected to my home Wi-Fi, and started the download and went to sleep. I woke up the next morning and not a single song had downloaded.

I took the phone back the next day and got a refund. Was this a problem with my specific phone, or a problem with W10M in general? Any help is appreciated.
it's weird. my apps update automatically in background even if the store app is not opened.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos