Questions about Qi wireless chargers

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Just got the 950XL yesterday. I apologize in advance if this has been answered before.

I'm interested in a Qi wireless charger, but do not know which ones to get. Need one for home and automobile. I'd like to get the fastest charger available. Are there Qi chargers that charge up quicker than others? Or is there just 1 single standard across the board and they all provide relatively the same power output?

Another concern is the distance the phone needs to be from the charging surface. What is the maximum distance the phone can be away the charging surface and still work? 1mm? 40mm? Does it work through a thicker case?

I've tried to locate specs on popular Qi chargers, but they do not have specs listing what I wanted to know. Such as charging distance and power output (Watts, Amps, Volts, etc)

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Virtually all Qi wireless chargers will work. I've used a lot of different brands, from name brand to cheap generics. I haven't been able to tell much difference. Although, my colleague ordered some from a Chinese eBay vendor that was selling them for something like $12 for 5 or 6 charging pads. He said that they didn't work very well. Don't go too cheap!

As far as car mount Qi wireless chargers, I found one that works very well on my Nexus 6:

Amazon.com - iOttie HLCRIO132 Easy One Touch Wireless Qi Standard Car Mount Charger for Qi Enabled Devices - Standard Packaging - Black.

I bought two of these for $39.95 each; one from B&H and one from Amazon. They go on sale every once in a while. The suction mount sticks very well, even on a textured dashboard. It also holds the phone quite steady, and can be used in portrait or landscape. The bottom is adjustable to accommodate side buttons and also to adjust for lining up the charging coils.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
So I went on a shopping spree for Qi chargers and car mounts. Currently only have the Insignia Qi charger for the home. It has a long blue LED light when it's charging the 950XL. Can be used as a dim night light. Phone never auto wakes and dims constantly to my knowledge. Not giving me any issues in the past 24hrs that I've had it. In the morning when I picked it off the Insignia Qi charger, both the charger and phone was cool to the touch, not even lightly warm. Not warm like others experienced. This is without any case, which is still on it's way in transit. I will update when more items arrive. Gonna try to attach the TYLT VU Qi car charger to the goosenecks. :D

Car Mount, I Go Teck, Car Smartphone Holder Hands Free with Dual USB 3.1A Charger With Over Charge and Over Current Protection
71ThQnCbthL._SL1500_.jpg

Universal Car Mount Holder with Dual USB Charger Ports and Socket for Microsoft Nokia Lumia 530 535 635 640 XL 710 735 810 820 822 830 925 928 950 1020 Icon 920 925 1520 1320 - LG Lancet, Vigor, Leon
41GoqGGV7ML.jpg

VU Wireless Charging Car Mount
vu-wireless-charging-car-mount-gray_1.jpg

Insignia? - Qi Wireless Charging Mat - Black - NS-MWPC1W | Insignia
4576800_sa.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium