Why do I have such horrible call quality?

Leslielbk

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
horrible call quality!!

During calls with certain people they are hearing their voice echoing and such a loud static noise they have to end the call. Sometimes when we try again it gets better, sometimes not. I have AT&T. Has anyone else had this problem?

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: horrible call quality!!

Yes, I have experienced that. Noise cancelling suddenly stops working, I don't know why. When this happens, put a call on hold and then resume it. The issue will be gone.

I have made a hard reset few days ago and it so far, it did not happen again.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
There was a good thread on this, and with everybody throwing out their findings, Ut appears to be an issue with Hey Cortana. It depends if you are making or receiving a call. For one of them it does not turn on the sound cancellation. I assume it is still listening for Hey Cortana, and putting it on hold and taking it off fixes it. The other option is to turn off Hey Cortana until they fix it. That took care of it for me. I have not tried turning on Hey Cortana with the latest OS and firmware yet to see if they fixed it. I was really disappointed when I first got my phone and thought it had bad call quality, but when I turned of Hey Cortana, I have had excellent call quality, up there with my previous Nokia's.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05